Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Double Glove Compartment alignment issues?

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2008, 3:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double Glove Compartment alignment issues?

Okay, I have a crew cab LT2 08 silverado. It has the double glove compartments and the top one is very unaligned with the dashboard. It looks like its been smashed down on the right side. Does any one have this issue? The dealers says they won't do anything about it because thats howchevrolet makes them? Which I think is b.s. Thanks alot.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 7:36 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Double Glove Compartment alignment issues?

there is something wrong with yours cause mine is flat and all the gaps around the edges are all even maybe take it back in and while they looking at it go to the showroom and voice your problems with general manager in front of potenial new customers the service managers are prolly going to fix your issues right away, this works try it!
Old November 2nd, 2008, 1:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Your top glove compartment is flush right? yeah I will probably do that, I am going to speak to the general manager tomorrow morning. The service manager said, its physically impossible to fix that issue and I got a bad production car and there's nothing I can do about it. Isn't that a bunch of crap? I've seen some peoples glove departments and they look flush.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 9:06 PM
CF Junior Member

some of them dont line up perfectlly, which is kinda lame, my old mans doesent line up perfect, but he isnt the kind of person who cares about the looks, just the reliability and performance so he could give a crap. tell them that your gonna talk to someone higher and they will help you out asap
Old November 2nd, 2008, 9:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Yeah I am, that is kind of lamehow some of them look like crap and others look like they're "supposed" to look. Even if half of all trucks do have a smashed glove compartment, does it make it okay? IMO I don't think so! If half of all corvettes had theyre tires falling off, does it make it okay? None the less, its a flaw that we shouldn't pay the hard earned money we work for towards. It doesn't hurt the performance at all your right, just everyday when I get into it, now that I notice its there, it stands out to me alot more.
Old November 4th, 2008, 7:53 AM
CF Beginner

Mine is a bit crooked too. Hell, all vehicles are junk anymore Everybody talks Toyota [>:] I've got a 4 Runner and the interior in it is crap too. I bet if you took it apart you could lightly bend the hinges and get it lined up.
Old November 4th, 2008, 8:21 AM
CF Active Member

i have worked on several at work and some line up fine some are alittle down on the top edge but the front is right one thing to consider is its plastic they dont always come out perfect
Old November 4th, 2008, 9:06 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: x1cn18

I'm from Iowa what a small world.