Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Drivers door power lock quit working

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2012, 6:39 PM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most any parts dealer (AutoZone, Oreily, Advance, Napa, etc) will have them.
Old July 25th, 2012, 9:41 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by toms01
Hey folks, I'm new here and have a 2009 Silverado LTZ. I've had it almost two years without any trouble until yesterday.

Driving to my daughters house, we stopped to get a bite to eat. I walk away from the vehicle and lock the doors with the fob. when we come out about 20 minutes later, the fob will unlock all the doors except the drivers.

When we got in to go putting the truck in drive locks all the doors but mine, now (previously it would lock and unlock the doors just fine). When I get to my daughters house I check all the fuses which indicate anything about door locks.....6 in total IIRC, they are all fine.

Any suggestions of what could cause this issue to crop up all at once? Are there some inherit problems with the 2007-current Silverados, in this respect?

Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions that you might have.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Silverado vehicle. Please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN so I can look into this further for you.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old July 29th, 2012, 8:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Local body shop can get the part and will replace it later this week.

Hopefully GM rep can do something.
Old July 31st, 2012, 6:45 AM
CF Beginner

Hi dear I need more information, please. Like where are these located....inside the door? How do I check the actuator to be sure it is bad? If it is bad, where can I obtain another one....Chevy dealer only? Is it just a matter of unplugging the old and plugging in the new?
Old July 31st, 2012, 5:39 PM
CF Junior Member

in the door
better to get oem part
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:25 AM
CF Beginner

Local body shop got the part and replaced it.Works like new....

You'd think that Chevrolet (GM) would build a better product. I've been a GM man for nearly forever. This experience puts a bad taste in my mouth, three years old and just 36K miles.

I'm out almost $200 bucks.

At least I've got it fixed.
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

This may be of no consolation. The way I look at it; as long I don't have to replace a transmission, engine or headgasket I'm ok with anything else that breaks.

That engine is strong. That trans is good. Just do the require fluid services and it will last along time.

3 years and 1 failed door lock actuator does not make it a lemon.

Last edited by tech2; August 4th, 2012 at 10:46 AM.