Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I want to go bigger but have questions

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2010, 9:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I want to go bigger but have questions

I've done the Levelin kit and have it cranked up enough to where it clears my tires so I can turn all the way both ways, and it sits almost level (bout a 1/2 inch in the back higher) but i'd like to go about an inch higher. I've looked around and saw the whole body lift seen but I don't want a 3 inch body, so I found a 1.5 inch body from zone, but I was wonering if that would be the way to go and if it'd make my tires look to small. On another forum i saw a guy run this same setup (levelin kit and 1.5 inch body lift) on 33s and it looked pretty good but i want some opinions on it. My main concern is if this body lift will affect cv angles or anything like that
Old October 4th, 2010, 8:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

body lift raise's the body..none of the suspension..so whatever CV angle u got now is what you'll have
Old October 5th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

alright...and as for the bumper brackets will I need them for a smaller body lift? since it's not the 3 inch body lift
Old October 5th, 2010, 3:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont think so.. then again it depends on how you like it...i said i wasnt gonna use them..then after i saw how it looked i changed my mind lol BUT i have a 3" BL not a 1.5 mine showed the front lip on on the grill so it looked uglyyyyyyy..i'd say do it and then figure out if you want them..also make sure u follow the directions when you do it...on mine you had to do the pass. side first then the driver because of fuel lines and all the crap..
Old October 6th, 2010, 9:26 AM
Super Moderator

Ill order the body lift and if i don't like the way it looks then ill find the bracket kit and order it..my main concern was the angles of my joints and arms since ive already got the torsion bars cranked up for the tires i've got now