Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

looking for a must do list of upgrades

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2013, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking looking for a must do list of upgrades

hello everyone i recently purchased a 2013 chevy 2500hd 6.0 ext. cab 4wd, and im looking for a list of "must do's" for my truck. any help would be greatly appreciated. im new to owning a chevy, i was a die hard ford guy for years and dont really know much about theses trucks.
Old January 4th, 2013, 3:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I would recommend doin a lot of little things. Less stuff on the truck looks better. Don't pile on a bunch of crap.

Look wise:
Paint the handles and tailgate handle if not already done, debadge and demold the truck, tint the front windows to match the back, billet grille for the front, colormatch the emblems on front and back, crank up the stock torsion keys to level the truck then put some good lookin all terrains on it.

Performance wise:
Best bang for you buck is a custom tune, then exhaust and airaid MIT intake. See what that does for you and go from there.
Old January 4th, 2013, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i ordered black emblems already, and ordered the direct muffler replacement from flo-pro for the 6.0. i will prob stay away from a tune till the warranty is up(100,000 mi.) which wont take me long. prob. about 3yrs i figure. i travel a ton for work but i get paid mileage and extra cash for towing trailers around. so the truck will pay for itself and then some. i had 375,000 on my old truck. i got away from diesel this time, they cost to much to maintain and are nothing but a headache. they had to go and put all the stupid pollution crap on them and ruin a good thing. i thought about leveling the new truck but i am gun shy about doing it because i tow heavy, i could throw some airbags under its *** to compensate i guess. as far as cosmetics everything will be black... i was blacking out trucks 15 yrs ago before it was the "cool" thing to do. i will admit however with the "black craze" it sure is alot easier to do now than yrs ago. the stuff thats available is mind boggling. I have have cooper discoverer ST hoops on the truck now, i have had really good luck with them i get about 35,000 to 38,000 mi. out of a set of them which is great considering its mostly highway towing miles. ill prob stay with them just get bigger ones if i level the truck. thanks for the insight.