Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help on 1991 chevy v6 4.3!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old June 29th, 2014, 9:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on 1991 chevy v6 4.3!!!!!!!!!

i have a 1993 chevrolet k1500 4x4 standard cab with a v6 4.3tbi. i have replaced the fuel pump,inline filer,rebuilt the throttle body,replaced all the vacuum lines,replace the map sensor,replaced all the EGR components,have put a new timing chain in,new plugs,wires,distributor cap,igniton module,button,coil,pick up coil,the temperature sensor on the intake. This motor has compression and the valves are not bad nor the ECM. The truck runs great at idle as soon as you give it gas in park it stutters then picks up and sounds like a miss fire. i have checked all the plugs and they are all burning hot no residue on the plugs. But yet the truck wont go over 20mph because it chokes so bad. its nothing to do with the transmission,compression,or valves. When i bought the truck it ran rough so i did a full tune up and it ran better. Then it got worse so the fuel pump and filter got replaced and when i did the full tune up it would run a few degrees off top dead center and now number #1 wire is pointing at cylinder #5 just to idle,it wont even start at top dead center. I took it to the gas station and put gas in it and got in to start it and the pump did not kick on. I found the ground wire on the pump was bad. The motor was a few degrees off of top dead center but ran perfect previously. After it pulled this crap it wouldnt start at top dead anymore and i found the rotor button was 180 off so i replaced the timing chain. When i replaced it the dot on the cam and crank were both pointing at twelve o'clock. After that it started burning rich and threw the codes for the EGR so i replaced all the components,then the MAP sensor code came up so i replaced that and it ran a little better. Then i replaced the temp sensor on the intake and did a full rebuild on the throttle body. And if you give it gas in park it chokes but idles perfect and plug wire #1 is pointing towards cylinder #5. The injectors are working perfetly. Any ideas?????????????????? i need this truck running tomorrow please help me in any way possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it doesnt burn nearly as rich but smokes a little when you stomp the throttle and it chokes.(in park) idles fine though. I real need this truck monday please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rebelchevyman87; June 29th, 2014 at 9:18 AM.