Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help - Drivers door electric not working

Search this Thread

Old January 10th, 2015, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help - Drivers door electric not working

I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. A few weeks ago all of my drivers door functions stopped working. Mirror controls, seat warmers, seat adjustments, and window controls no longer worked. I noticed the seat warmers in the passenger door stopped working as well, although everything else seemed to work.

I looked in the fuse box and saw that most if not all wires on the drivers side went into a roughly 2 square inch black box. I've come to learn that is probably the drivers door module, although I'm not positive. I took that out and removed the wires from the black box, which of course ruined it in the process. I've since bought a new module that has the twelve wires running out of it.

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm if they think replacing that box will fix my problem. If so is there any programming that needs to be done that would require me to take it to the dealership? If not does anyone have a wiring diagram that will help me to determine which wire (by color) goes to each of the twelve wires connected to the DDM?

I'd like to avoid going to the dealership, but I can't have this drag on for weeks and I don't want to ruin the new $100 DDM by connecting the wrong wires.

Thanks!
Old January 12th, 2015, 1:39 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with my truck when the driver door/window/locks wouldnt work anymore but the passenger side work. i end up replacing the door assembly switch on the driver side and everything worked once again. it was like $225 for it threw the local dealer ship since auto zone and other said it was a dealer item..
Old January 12th, 2015, 3:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The wiring harness from the door to the body sometimes breaks or the connectoor comes loose. Since all of the stuff on the door quit all at once, that's where I'd start.
Old January 13th, 2015, 11:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I think that I bought a new harness, but I don't know which wire connects with which. I can see three that are a bigger gauge and the wires coming from the door are colored, but I haven't been able to find anything that shows which wire from door connects to which wire in the module I bought that plugs into the inside fuse box.

Any suggestions as to where I might find the info?
Old January 13th, 2015, 12:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mccloud1
Thanks. I think that I bought a new harness, but I don't know which wire connects with which. I can see three that are a bigger gauge and the wires coming from the door are colored, but I haven't been able to find anything that shows which wire from door connects to which wire in the module I bought that plugs into the inside fuse box.

Any suggestions as to where I might find the info?
go down to auto zone and get a chilt book on your truck. they have a nice electrical diagram which i used to figure out why my 2/4 wheel switch and indicator wasnt working. its like $10/$20 for it and has good info on everything else to boot.