Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Temp. Gage.

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2008, 1:32 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Temp. Gage.

I don't believe there is any coolant leaking. When I checked, I hardly had to add any since I got the truck. Then again, maybe just a slight leak maybe present? I haven't noticed any difference in the exhaust smell. I have come across coolant being leaked into the engine before and the exhaust would have a sweet, soapy smell if it did, correct?
Old April 13th, 2008, 11:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Temp. Gage.

Well, changed the thermostat and so far the temp has stayed at a constant temperature.

ORIGINAL: wellmax

you may be losing so much coolant that the truck is getting hot. Only reason you have not overheated truck so far is because you travel such short distances.

I believe the coolant is going through engine as was stated on other replys.

Get a shop to test for engine coolant leaks. They can do that with dye and pressure on coolant system, I think.

I know some one on forum can tell you how this is done. If you do not fix the problem you will ruin the engine.

Fastest way to ruin a engine is lack of oil pressure, second fastest way to ruin a engine is lack of coolant, engine will over heat and seize.

Good luck and let us know what you find wrong with engine.