Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tralier Brake Problems

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2008, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tralier Brake Problems

I have a question for someone who has experience with the integrated brake controller systems in an 07 3/4 ton Silverado. I had a gooseneck installed and wired (using thefactory harness) to the bed. I've had the controller replaced once (tested and found to be burned out).Now I'm afraid I have the same problem. When driving along NOT PULLINGA TRAILER, a message come on and saye SERVICE TRAILER BRAKE SYSTEM. It worked fine for a week. When it rained, and pavement was wet, the message comes on. Any ideas?
Old March 16th, 2008, 8:32 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Tralier Brake Problems

Welcome to the forum!!! Maybe some water got into something and is causing a short.
Old March 17th, 2008, 8:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Tralier Brake Problems

yea i would agree with northey, the rain could be causing your system to short out, and thus burn out the controller, i would follow the wiring replace any wires that may need to be replaced, but if you replace the system and everything works, i would go along the wiring with a tube of silicone and seal up any areas that look like they may be letting water in to any connections.