Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wet carpet front and rear passenger side

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2011, 11:07 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it isn't the drain line, check the windshield seals.
Old November 11th, 2011, 9:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Ah yes San Diego, I spent some time at North Island CV-63
Yeah, DD-975 spent a little bit of time doing plane-guard for the 63

in the big puddle. It's ancient history for me. My ship's already been

de-commissioned, and sunk for use as reef barrier off Hawaii...
Old November 18th, 2011, 3:24 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Where you able to resolve this issue? If so, what was the resolution? If not, if you pm me your name and VIN, I can research this issue further if you would like. I look forward to hearing from you.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 19th, 2011, 5:59 AM
CF Beginner

Louis,

I am pretty certain the leak is in the windshield seal area. Came out to the truck the other morning after a good rain and there was water inside, now I just have to isolate the leak and figure out a repair. Florida has free windshield replacement so I may go that route. Thanks for the response, I will keep your address around for future issues if you dont mind.
Old November 21st, 2011, 8:52 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> UsNavyChief,
I am happy to hear that you have figured out the reason for the leak. If you ever have any questions, feel free to contact me. Best of luck with the repairs.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 21st, 2011, 2:11 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by UsNavyChief
Louis,

I am pretty certain the leak is in the windshield seal area. Came out to the truck the other morning after a good rain and there was water inside, now I just have to isolate the leak and figure out a repair. Florida has free windshield replacement so I may go that route. Thanks for the response, I will keep your address around for future issues if you dont mind.
Chief, I'd recommend having a car glass company (they should come out to you) pull the windshield, and reinstall it. That will include new seal, that is something I'd not recommend doing yourself.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 5:17 AM
CF Beginner

Having the windshield replaced on ednesday, will update on the leak. No whow about the high pressure port on the AC line, charging the AC with a can of 134 th eother day and when I removed the high pressure port plastic cap (becuase I head a hiss) it seemed like all the 134 I put in was coming shooting stright up in the air from the high pressure port. Can the valve core in those ports be changed or do I have to change th eentire port or maybe even the line. Thanks again for all the great info
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:59 AM
CF Beginner

UPDATE: Had the winshield replaced and the leak is still present. Pretty much at a loss right now, going to start dismantling the dash to look further. Ideas??
Old October 2nd, 2012, 5:41 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an old thread but I just joined here looking for solutions and wanted to share my discovery..

My leak was due to the wiring boot shrinking between the body and the door jamb due to age.

I removed the boot on the body side and applied some clear Silicone.The leak is cured and the carpet padding has remained dry.

Only the passenger side has a plate below the hinge inside the kick panel that can trap and cause water the migrate to the padding.

My truck is a 2000 model.
Old July 10th, 2015, 4:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2002 Chevy silverao

Wet passenger n rear passenger seat
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> UsNavyChief,
I am happy to hear that you have figured out the reason for the leak. If you ever have any questions, feel free to contact me. Best of luck with the repairs.

Louis
GM Customer Service