Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

07 Silverado Problems Continue

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2009, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 07 Silverado Problems Continue

Since 10-08 this truck has continued to disappoint. 01-09 16356 miles the rear end continues to bump as if hit in the back, steering wheel continues to pop when turning, and the left inner fender well still coming out. Dealer relubed splines on drive shaft, no problem found with steering wheel, and readjusted the fender again. All the above continue.
02-09 16580 miles the truck was completly dead. Had it towed in, replaced battery. 02-09 17101 miles truck dead again, another new battery. Dealer states they put draw meter on truck no draws found. As usual the dealer and GM's response no problem found nothing can be done. There are no after market electrical items on this truck, just gm's quality work.
This has led to the decal in the back window of this truck (Picture in album).
Old March 9th, 2009, 9:11 AM
CF Active Member

Smile

Sorry to hear of your problems with the 07. I also have an 07 and it has never been back to the dealer except for a recall, which I hadn't had a problem with, on the windshield washer that took about two minutes to replace a connector. Hope you get it fixed up.
Old March 9th, 2009, 8:52 PM
CF Junior Member

I am sorry you are having these problems. My 07 has 54000 miles on it and has been trouble free. Co-worker has 65000 on his 07 and has had a tranny leak and a few other problems.

My boss picked up a new Trailblazer and needed a tranny along with the first oil change.

Push harder with the GM service people to either take the truck back or fix it! Wish I could say more, other than Ford makes a good truck. I have had all three, and Ford has by far been the most reliable.
Old March 10th, 2009, 6:10 AM
CF Beginner

Default lemons

I can relate to that "bump", like being nudged from behind, when coming to a gradual stop, like rolling up to a stop sign slowly. THAT has just cropped up on mine(2007 Silverado), at 25K miles. What a strange feeling. It is not consistent enough for me to worry about.....yet. I am wondering if the trans is downshifting late????????? Other than this, mine has been great!
Old March 23rd, 2009, 8:26 PM
CF Beginner

Talking 07 Silverado NO MORE

This is my last posting as I was able to purchase an 08 F-150. I was a Silverado person until this latest 07. I sure hope gm takes note they have lost at least one customer due to there poor customer service and unwillingness to fix their constant and reoccuring problems.

SO LONG gm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 23rd, 2009, 8:53 PM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

Well...

That's depressing

But what you guys aren't taking into account is that ever since the beginning of time, every new model vehicle has issues, 07, 99, 88, 78 just to name a few and it's the same accross the board. I have heard time and time again that the 07's are crap and I beleive it, I mean honestly how many 88 pickups in decent shape do you see on the road today?
Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Dont know if you bought that 07 new or not, but if so you could have used the lemon laws to your advantage.

recurring problems that cant be fixed require GM to buy the car back, I used to work at a large Chevy Dealer and saw them buy a few back over the years
Old March 24th, 2009, 12:12 AM
CF Active Member

This is why I buy my vehicles in very used condition. I get them cheap with about 150000 miles, get an extra 100-150k, and get a different vehicle. They're cheaper and there aren't any bugs, since they've usually been sorted out by then. You think the nudge problem might be the transmission shifting? It might be downshifting into first and the nudge might just be the extra availability of torque? Idk. All vehicles that change body style, engine, etc. always have bugs. I have heard of a lot of 87 or 88 chevy pickups catching fire. That was when the trucks were changed from carbureted to EFI. Then in 88 the body style changed. So you just have to take your chances when you buy the first year of a new bodystyle I guess. Hurry and get all the problems sorted out. I might end up with it in 10 years.
Old March 24th, 2009, 5:39 PM
CF Active Member

is your truck dieing while you are driving it?..check your voltage leading from your alternator..may help..
Old March 25th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Y'know, Rastis,

If you'd gone to Dodge, I'd have been worried we'd maybe lost a peer. But I had an F150, and I already know what's going to happen.

Happy trails, amigo, and we'll keep the light on for ya.