Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2008 Chevy Braking System Issue

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2012, 10:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2008 Chevy Braking System Issue

I used the parking brake on a boat ramp, then after I released it the light stayed on. Then after I was driving up the ramp my information panel started beeping and displaying "Stabiltrak off" "Traction Control Off" and "Service Braking System". After I turned it off, all that went away, but then came back a day later for a few minutes. Then went away again, then today it all came back again while driving to the store. Any ideas on this issue? I reapplied the brake and released it hard thinking maybe it was stuck... but it wasn't.
Old July 7th, 2012, 11:02 AM
CF Monarch

Received 354 Likes on 335 Posts

Check the switch that the parking brake operates. It may be sticking.
Old July 7th, 2012, 2:36 PM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There nay be something else with the brake system not working correctly. It's just coincidence it happened after using the parking brake. Pull the service codes and check it out.
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunshow25
I used the parking brake on a boat ramp, then after I released it the light stayed on. Then after I was driving up the ramp my information panel started beeping and displaying "Stabiltrak off" "Traction Control Off" and "Service Braking System". After I turned it off, all that went away, but then came back a day later for a few minutes. Then went away again, then today it all came back again while driving to the store. Any ideas on this issue? I reapplied the brake and released it hard thinking maybe it was stuck... but it wasn't.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:CustomDocumentProperties> <o:HTML dt:dt="boolean">1</o:HTML> <oocumentEncoding dt:dt="string">utf-8</oocumentEncoding> </o:CustomDocumentProperties> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> How did things turn out with the warning lights staying on after using the parking brake?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service assisting Louis