Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 23rd, 2015, 5:06 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Brakes
Print Wikipost

2008 Silverado front brakes

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2009 | 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default Update on 2008 Silverado Truck brakes

The dealership checked out the brakes again today 9-23-09. They said they could not find any problems. So off I go again. Not sure when I will make that trip to TN again and those mountain roads. I guess only time and miles will tell now....
Old September 23rd, 2012 | 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

My 2008 sub brakes did the same thing. Took back to where I bought it, they turned the rotators and the same thing on the mountains on the way home. Took it to a local dealership 4 more times and still the same problem. My warrenty ran out and now at 45000 miles, took to a garage and had all new GM rotartors and pad put on, after about 100 mile, worse than ever. Need to get these brakes fixed????
Old September 23rd, 2012 | 8:17 PM
CF Active Member

Try the slotted rotors from power slot. I had the Exact Same Problem. Since I tow a lot and go into the mountains frequently, I wanted to go overkill (I usually overkill on safety areas - tires and brakes). I paid the extra to have the Cryo treatment done. I then used the fleet severe duty pads from my local auto parts store. I took the truck to a back road and broke them in. Once they were cooled, I took the truck to a back road and really heated them up (repeatedly accelerated up to 60 and slammed on brakes). Got them really hot and still have no problems. No vibration what so ever and it's been about a month since that breaking effort and normal driving since.

WELL WORTH the extra I paid for them.

On a side note, I have the max tow package so I have the rear rotor option. Let me tell you, the rears do a lot of the breaking (they actually get hot under heavy breaking). I did have some vibration from them. If these new rotors end up warping, I will put the same cryo slotted rotors there as well.
Old September 25th, 2012 | 12:50 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Lucas
My 2008 sub brakes did the same thing. Took back to where I bought it, they turned the rotators and the same thing on the mountains on the way home. Took it to a local dealership 4 more times and still the same problem. My warrenty ran out and now at 45000 miles, took to a garage and had all new GM rotartors and pad put on, after about 100 mile, worse than ever. Need to get these brakes fixed????
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with your 2008 Chevrolet Suburban. Could you please PM me the last 8-digits of your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), so that I can look into this matter further? Thank you very much.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Louis
GM Customer Service