Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2010 Silverado steering wheel radio controls HELP!

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2010, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some info and questions. A new steering wheel at the dealer is $250, new trim for steering wheel is about $50 and Switch is $36. There is a video on u tube on how to remove the steering wheel. I have never removed an air bag and thats the part that concerns me. My idea is to order the switch, pull the air bag and plug the switch in and see if they can program the BCM. If if works I will order the other parts if not I am only out the money for the switch and the tech II. Any comments or ideas.
Old June 10th, 2010, 2:22 AM
CF Beginner

DMD77, that is about the same plan I had but I was just going to purchase the whole steering wheel with the accessory switches. The only difference is that my dealer won't even attempt program. Will your dealer attempt it? If they will I'd definitely go for it.......Good Luck!
Old June 10th, 2010, 2:04 PM
CF Beginner

That is so True Brdfixr.... I still would like to figure this out though. I do have a friend that works at the Local Chevy dealership ... Maybe this weekend I will stop down and ask him. There are a few video's on youtube how to dis-connect the airbag and remove the steering wheel so that does help... I am just so short armed and lazy to reach way over and change the station or turn up/down the volume. My 2002 chevy had the dash angled to the driver some and that really helped me reach the radio then. I'll keep trying to find more about this!