Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 27th, 2015, 1:18 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

2012 Silverado - Radio High pitch constant ring

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2012 | 4:29 PM
CF Junior Member

I ended up just replacing the factory radio with an aftermarket unit. No more high-pitch constant ringing! Just wish GM would stand behind their products.
Old October 19th, 2012 | 6:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default High Pitch Irritating Sound from Sierra Dash

I had that too on sierra sle 2012 new $35k sticker. Happens key in or out- ear facing the radio. Earnhardt GMC in Phoenix.

First visit said it was transmission solenoid- nothing could be done.

Second visit said it was CD player motor- nothing could be done; offered to buy my truck for $12K less than sticker, only 2 months on the road.

Third visit I asked them to pull the stereo and put it on the passenger seat. Sound went away. Plugged the radio back in, sound reappeared. I think it is related to bluetooth. Offered to sell me a stereo with touchscreen for $2200.

It is the third and last new $25k plus car I bought from Earnhardt in the last 2 years.
Old October 22nd, 2012 | 5:19 PM
CF Beginner

Just brought home a 2013 GMC Sierra SLT with the Bose stereo and I too have the high pitch squeal. It took me all of about 4 hours in the truck to pick it up but I can't ignore it now. I hope that the dealer/GM will take care of this problem.
Old October 24th, 2012 | 8:25 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Skyd1ver,

Please keep us posted of the results of your dealer visit.

Feel free to contact me privately if you have additional questions.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 24th, 2012 | 7:17 PM
CF Beginner

Do yourself a favor and bring the truck back right away!!! I did get mine fixed but it took me 3 months and hundreds of phone calls. GM has a great customer service if you need a oil change, not so good if you do have a real problem.
Old October 27th, 2012 | 1:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Skyd1ver
Just brought home a 2013 GMC Sierra SLT with the Bose stereo and I too have the high pitch squeal. It took me all of about 4 hours in the truck to pick it up but I can't ignore it now. I hope that the dealer/GM will take care of this problem.
Hoping for the best. As you saw from posts above, I also had the problem you are having. GM did not stand behind their product and I ended up replacing the radio on my own dime. Truck is great but the way GM handled my case was absolutely deplorable. I was thinking about getting a Camaro some day, and GM helped me make up my mind with that idea.
Old October 30th, 2012 | 2:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default re: anything in writing

Hey, the GM dealers in Texas won't acknowledge this noise and basically tell me I'm crazy. Does anyone have anything from a dealer acknowledging this noise that I can show them? Thanks,
Old November 1st, 2012 | 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

Tell your dealer to look-up PIT5166A
Old November 2nd, 2012 | 6:16 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by indyman
Tell your dealer to look-up PIT5166A
Only issue with that bulletin is it tells them not to do anything about it..
Old November 2nd, 2012 | 10:00 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Santito
Only issue with that bulletin is it tells them not to do anything about it..
I know.. They recognize that there’s an issue but are trying to stall as long as possible in hopes that your warranty will run out.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Quick Reply: 2012 Silverado - Radio High pitch constant ring