Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2014 silverado with a bad vibration

Search this Thread

Old October 14th, 2014, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2014 GMC 1500 SLT with 6k miles on it is in the shop as we speak waiting for a new rear end and it all started with a bit of weird vibrations. Good luck with your truck, it sucks that a lot of guys with 2014s are having these issues.
Old October 14th, 2014, 4:40 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey bigbb! Please keep us posted on the outcome of your service visit. We understand having to have repairs so soon after purchase can be a bit disheartening, but please do not hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 16th, 2014, 9:03 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Vibration in new 2014 Silverado LTZ Z71 crew cab

Have had my new 2014 Silverado crew cab LTZ Z71 now for about a month. Has a vibration/shudder you can feel through the steering wheel and seat between ~45 to ~55 mph. The vibration/shudder goes away outside of this speed.
It had 20" wheels on and dealer put 18" wheels on from another truck. No change. Force balanced tires, no change. Going back next Wednesday for more diagnostics.
Absolutely love the truck except for this vibration. Has 1500 miles on it. Dealer provided a loaner crew cab with ~ 2400 miles, No vibration.
Will update this post if they find a resolution.
Old October 19th, 2014, 11:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default 8 cyl to 4 cyl

Does yours have the gas engine that changes from 8 cylinders to 4 cylinders on the highway?, if so that may have something to do with it, have them take the tires off the loaner and put them on your truck and see what happens, or put the truck in tow mode to keep it from going from 8cyl to 4 cyl mode and see if that makes a difference at the 45-55mph speed.
Old October 28th, 2014, 5:06 PM
CF Beginner

Angry

I just purchased a 2014 Silverado CCSB on Sept. 10 and after driving it around for the first weekend, I noticed a pulsing vibration in the steering wheel between 40 and 50mph. Then when driving on the highway around 70 to 75 mph, the same pulsing vibration comes back only this time you can actually hear the pulsing drone. Took the truck into the service dept., they kept it two days and when I picked it up, the service advisor told me, "they tried some things", thought they had it fixed but were incorrect. Gave me the truck back and told me they needed to contact an Engineer from GM and I would need to bring it back when he was in the area. About a week later I brought it back - this time they had my truck for one full week - picked it up and they told me they had fixed the issue. They found unevenly worn carrier bearings and improper shims in the rear end. Drove the truck down the street and noticed the vibration was still there and only slightly improved. Took it back again and they said I had thrown a weight off one of the wheels, so they Road Force balanced them and Engineer said everything was within spec. now! Got the truck back two days later and the vibration is still there! Now they're refusing to even work on the truck anymore because their Engineer says everything is with spec! I'm so mad I could scream...and have! Truck has only 1800 miles on it
Old October 29th, 2014, 5:27 AM
CF Beginner

Truck is going back in today. Will update when I know more. Have driven 2 loaners and the service manager's truck. All 3 have no vibration.
Old October 29th, 2014, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

my buddy drives vehicles for the dealers and luv the silverado and was thinking of buying one. Now I turned him onto this website like MANY of my friends and now bought a ford. I almost bought one but kept my cheyenne 98 and waiting for the fix for now 4 months and still nothing. its a shame that you spend all that money for piece of sh/t that you are making payments on.
Old October 29th, 2014, 10:23 PM
CF Beginner

Found metal in the rear axle. GM sending a new assembly. Will update with results in approx 10 days.
Old November 4th, 2014, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

Talking GM Buyback

The dealership I purchased my 2014 from and who made 3 unsuccessful repair attempts on this...

Name:  New14Silvy2.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  75.4 KB

Ended up Buying it back with no depreciation within 3 days after I filed complaints with the BBB and Attorney General. This is what I decided on. 2015 with longer wheel base and beefier parts = no vibration!

Name:  2015SilvyPassSide.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  91.7 KB
Name:  2015SilvyPass.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  55.7 KB

Last edited by L8ERBRO; November 4th, 2014 at 8:00 PM.
Old November 5th, 2014, 6:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2nd 2014 Silverado, same problems....

Well , after chasing a vibration for 6 months in my first 2014 LTZ Silverado, I decided to trade it on on another one. This one is a Z71, LTZ fully loaded. After a week, it had the same vibration at the same speeds. So back to the dealer. As of today they have had it for nearly 4 weeks. In that time they put 2 rear differentials in it. No change. The GM tech has now done some shock work and tried about 2 sets of Goodyear tires. Still no change. The last I have heard that they are getting 4 new Michelin tires, but the first set of them were out of road force specs. Dealer has been great, driving a 2012 GMC Sierra with a cap so that I can at least continue to work. So GM Customer Service, I am reaching out and saying UNCLE!!!! Enough is enough. HELP!!!!

Quick Reply: 2014 silverado with a bad vibration