Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2014 silverado with a bad vibration

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2014, 7:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by randyespo
Well , after chasing a vibration for 6 months in my first 2014 LTZ Silverado, I decided to trade it on on another one. This one is a Z71, LTZ fully loaded. After a week, it had the same vibration at the same speeds. So back to the dealer. As of today they have had it for nearly 4 weeks. In that time they put 2 rear differentials in it. No change. The GM tech has now done some shock work and tried about 2 sets of Goodyear tires. Still no change. The last I have heard that they are getting 4 new Michelin tires, but the first set of them were out of road force specs. Dealer has been great, driving a 2012 GMC Sierra with a cap so that I can at least continue to work. So GM Customer Service, I am reaching out and saying UNCLE!!!! Enough is enough. HELP!!!!
Hey there,

We are truly sorry for this, and we would be happy to look into this the best way possible. Please send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and the dealership you have been working with. Looking forward to your reply.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 6th, 2014, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado Vibration at highway speeds

Well I have been reading these post all over the internet for several weeks since my truck has spent so much time at the dealer. I purchased my truck on 7/11/14 and I called the dealer on the way home to make an appointment to have the tires balanced because of the highway speed vibration that it has. First repair that we have a record of was 7/25/14 with 1207 miles. I had no idea what I was in for next. I will shorten this up. My truck has had the tires balanced several times. They have been road force balanced at least 4 times. Then they replaced them with Bridgestone and yip you guessed it they have also been road force balanced more than 8 times that I know of. The drive shaft had been replaced. The ring gear and pinion have been replaced. The motor mounts have been repositioned. They have done several other little things to it also. They have a GM engineer involved and he had them swap the rear differential from a new truck and guess what? Still vibrates. Now they have ordered a rear differential in pieces so that the engineer can build it himself. It now has 6200 miles and I am so frustrated I can't take it. I just wanted to vent some. I don't know that I want another Flagship Silverado. The other trucks that I have driven also vibrate.
Old November 7th, 2014, 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
the dealership i'm at had 2 trucks back to back with this issue. after the normal process of eliminating the usual tire/driveshaft etc; the problem was isolated to the transmission. Our trans rebuilder tore down the trans for inspection and found nothing out of order. the trans was reassembled with new internals and the problem was corrected.

Has anyone else had the transmission repaired and it fixed the vibration?
Old November 7th, 2014, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default Roadforce tire balance

One question that I have is why is the roadforce such a big deal now that these trucks are out? We have had 20" tires for a while now. We haven't had to roadforce the tires to stop a vibration till now. And I am on my 3rd set and even one of them was above 20 so they replaced it. If you own a 2014 Chevy truck and you buy tires for it after driving it awhile....you better make sure the tire shop can roadforce your tires.
Old November 7th, 2014, 5:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default Transmission issue

Originally Posted by CCLB4X4Dually
Has anyone else had the transmission repaired and it fixed the vibration?
I find it hard to believe that the transmission was causing the vibration and then they didn't find anything when they took it apart. My guess is that truck is still going to vibrate. I hope I am wrong and that will fix all of these trucks!
Old November 8th, 2014, 7:31 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
the dealership i'm at had 2 trucks back to back with this issue. after the normal process of eliminating the usual tire/driveshaft etc; the problem was isolated to the transmission. Our trans rebuilder tore down the trans for inspection and found nothing out of order. the trans was reassembled with new internals and the problem was corrected.
My truck is going in for the replacement axle on Tuesday this week. Being a retired auto tech, I'm skeptical this is where the issue is, however I shall see. I am beginning to suspect an out of balance component in the trans as well.

We're the vibrations more evident under deceleration in these 2 trucks?
Also did the steering wheel feel like it bounced or shuddered up and down rather than the usual out of round tire feeling when the steering wheel will tend to saw side to side?

Really hope GM technical support comes up with an answer as to what is causing this.
Old November 8th, 2014, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

Did they replace the Torque Converter?, If the torque Converter is not balanced correctly you will get a vibration and it will go down the drive line.
Old November 9th, 2014, 8:00 AM
CF Beginner

Have not replaced any parts yet. Going to replace rear axle on Tuesday.
I would think if the torque converter is out of balance it would be engine speed related and not vehicle speed related.
The shudder in my truck is directly related to vehicle speed not engine speed.
Old November 11th, 2014, 10:04 PM
CF Beginner

Complete rear axle was replaced today. Vibration is gone.
Old November 12th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jr13891
Complete rear axle was replaced today. Vibration is gone.
Glad the rear axle replacement corrected your vibration issue, jr13891. Let us know how this repair pans out in the long run. We'd love to have your feedback.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: 2014 silverado with a bad vibration