Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Bad Drive Line Vibration

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2013, 1:52 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=johnph;243652]im new to this site and have a question i hope someone can answer. the radio in my 08 silverado has its own way of thinking. when the weather is cold [ohio] the rear speakers only work and you cant hear the turn sig. click. weather gets warm and bingo, the front speakers work and you can hear the turn sig.click. anyone else experience this ?[semper fi]
Old March 19th, 2013, 2:52 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by johnph
im new to this site and have a question i hope someone can answer. the radio in my 08 silverado has its own way of thinking. when the weather is cold [ohio] the rear speakers only work and you cant hear the turn sig. click. weather gets warm and bingo, the front speakers work and you can hear the turn sig.click. anyone else experience this ?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> johnph,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Silverado vehicle. There may be a short. The turn signal chime uses the system speaker; therefore, if the speaker is not working properly, the signal chime also will not be heard.

I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an inspection of the vehicle. They will be able to provide more information after doing so.

If you need assistance locating a technician in your area, please PM me your zip code for a listing.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service