Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 27th, 2015, 2:31 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:
Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

bed liners

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2006, 12:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: bed liners

Get the spray in liner now before you dirty up your bed, they may charge you more for prep if it is all messed up. They have to scuff the entire inside of the bed in order to get the stuff to stick. If you get the drop in it doesn't matter when you install it. just my two cents.

bye the way it costs them about $250-$300 in materials and labor(the actually mask off you entire truck). You have to decide what is a fair profit for them to make above that.
Old September 11th, 2006, 4:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to save me some money. What do you gyes think about rattleguard spay on bedliners. They sell direct. Thanks
Old September 11th, 2006, 9:00 PM
CF Senior Member

will
I was in Louisiana and got a speedliner for a few reasons. I have a 96 silverado, I bought it used and I don't know if it was a factory dropin or not, but I didn't like it so I took it out. A lot of my paint was rubbed off from this moving around. In the week I had it off it was all rust. I like Rhino cause they have a lifetime warrenty, but so does speedliner. I was told it would take a month to get a rhino, and a week to get a speedliner. So I got a speedliner. The only problem you should have is if you hit it with something that will peel it up. Other than that I love mine, and haven't had a problem yet.
It should cost between 350 and 400 dollars.
Old September 12th, 2006, 2:16 AM
CF Beginner

480 where I am. That is why I am looking at alternatives. Rattleguard claims to be the same durable as the big name brands. They also sell large equipment to professionals who choose to go with rattleguard. Personally I think all the big name brands are pretty much all the same in quality wize. I don't know about rattleguard though. It seems to be a new company and every company starts of small and works its way up. I assume nobody here has any experience with these gyes. If nobody does I will probably just have to drop the 480 then. Thanks
Old February 12th, 2009, 6:52 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up Spray on bedliner, Qwikliner bedliner

Sometimes back I got my truck sprayed on with Spray on bedliner of Qwikliner.It took only few seconds to set & the quality of finish is aeesome.I will definitely on recommends qwikliner bedliners.
Old February 12th, 2009, 8:19 AM
CF Junior Member

I have had 2 drop in liners and my son's 96 has had one since new. None of the 3 were rusted and the paint was fine. I think the drop in is getting a bad rap.If I had 3 and have one in my new truck and the beds are all fine then they can't all be bad. I use the plastic drop in because I work with glass and a spray in liner is to hard.If I bump glass into it it will most likely break it. I wouldn't get the spray liner unless my bed was all messed up,then it could cover the scrathes and paint up.
Old February 12th, 2009, 1:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I had a drop-in in my f150, it had issues with rust and rubbing off paint.Some road salt got under it at the tailgate edge when I was salting a parking lot, because it's loose.

I've had a Rhinoliner going on 4 years now in my truck, and if you want a liner, it's the way to go. My vote's for Rhinoliner. Cost about 420$ when I had it done.

A lot of guys I know avoid drop-in liners because they do more damage than good.
Old February 13th, 2009, 11:46 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got a 98 and before i owned it this couple owned it. hardy drove it. in fact it was the guys g/f that owned it so it was low mileage and good condition. im very sure that they hardly used the truck for real loads and with that, my idea is that if your a person that uses their truck to haul, get a spray in. if you are like me and teh most youve had in the truck was a half ton of rocks and some bouncy friends then keep the drop in. if i used my truck like it was meant, id get a spray in. my buddys got a 250 and we throw everything in there. i mean we beat it silly and theres dents all over. but not a single chip. and i would also get the liner sprayed over teh railings because that idiot loader that poured the rock in, decided to rest his scoop on my truck bed and rocks poured the side and oh man the funny part was my body work guy was across the street from the rock place and got it fixed. but yea. i looked under my drop in(btw its from the dealer) and theres no dents really but lots of paint removed. if i wanted to though is re-spray it in my body shop class but i mean... well... thats a good idea. lol. hope that helped some. its a good thing to get it sprayed if you use your truck. if you dont then keep it how it is now.
Old February 17th, 2009, 8:00 AM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

I have to say, my 92 has the FACTORY bedliner in it and I took it out for this first time after I bought it. There is virtually no paint left on the bed. Just bare metal. And for those of you thinking that a drop in will prevent dents, think again. The old owner used the truck for hauling his snowmobile and apparently he went a little far forward. There are two dents right in the front of the bed between the cab and bed now. We have owned 12 trucks now and had a Rhino liner in the 02, 03, and 06 GMC's. The Rhino liner is not only worth the money, but after we moved we drove 4 hours back to the old place to have it done to the 06. Yeah its that good. Ziebart only charges $365 for theirs too.

Oh yeah, I hate every drop in I've ever had. Of all the ones I've had they all look ^%tty for one and once you use them a couple times they scratch up and don't look much better than the bed would
Old February 17th, 2009, 3:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Do you think your Rhino is not going to get dented by having a snowmobile run in to it. To each is own I have personally had them on the trucks I have owned. Did not have any problems with them. Do you really think they would still be selling them if there as bad as some say that they have seen on the 12 trucks that he owned.

Quick Reply: bed liners