Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 27th, 2015, 2:31 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:
Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

bed liners

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2009, 6:42 PM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not saying they are bad, All I'm saying is that they just can't stand up to the Rhino liners. I also did not say that the Rhino liner won't dent if a snowmobile runs into it, I was just simply stating that a plastic bedliner ain't gonna protect the bed of your truck like you may think it is.

As you said, to each his own, and as far as I'm concerned Rhino liner is the way to go if you're actually going to use your truck as a truck. For those of you that just haul the occasional mulch and don't want to spent $400 on a spray on, drop in's are the way to go.

Just making a point, don't need to get all offensive on me.
Old February 17th, 2009, 9:19 PM
Super Moderator

Chill guys, no need to get huffy. Forum are for opinions and advice, not battles and member bashing.
Old February 18th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

We are talking about the BED of a pickup truck, and not the hood of a Rolls-Royce, right?
I think we need to keep focused on the fact that this is what a pickup truck does, and if you beat it hard enough, nothing will protect it.

It sounds like some people should consider purchasing a beater for work, and a later model for show, if the condition of the bed is all that important. Let's recap(no-pun):

1: If you get a drop in, you have some protection from contents denting your truck, but over a short period of time, you still get rust. So you lose your easier restoration options anyway.

2: If you get a Spray-in(apparently a very popular choice) you can't take it back to stock by removing the liner later, and it costs 2 or three times as much. The real benefit is you don't get rubbing or condensation moisture caused by drop-ins. If you whup them real hard they still dent.(Surprise,surprise!)

3: If you don't get any liner, you just risk damaging the bed when you use it hard. Here's an idea-why not just get some old carpet to put under those occasional heavy loads?

Can't we all just get along?
Old February 19th, 2009, 2:37 PM
Super Moderator

IMO, if you're going to want the bed to look nice for appearance's sake, save your money for the body work you'll do to fix the dents and scratches. A drop-in isn't going to keep your bed in good condition, and for you, it appears that a spray-in just isn't an option.

Was it Oscar Wilde who said "Don't worry about a thing, nothing will be all right."
Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:54 AM
CF Veteran

Default liner

man this is an age old story . when it comes down to it how much do you want to spend ? how long are you going to keep it ? realistically what do you expect ? i used to sell bed liner's ,drop in and spray in . the best drop in i found was the penda skid resistant .i preferred the under the rail model ,and put plastic bed cap's with stake pocket hole's and stake pocket anchor's .i sold liner's for over 10 year's and never saw one cause a truck to rust out . sure they will move around a little bit they expand and contract with temperature .they may polish the4 steel on the contact spot's but that's all with constant movement . i pulled one out of my ole mans truck after 8 years of hard use ! hauling 55 gal drum's of oil ,and any thing that would fit . no rust ! .it's a old wife's tail ,i used to put cheaper brand plastic liners in truck's for dealer's .gave them more resale value .covered the damage *(extensive )at time's .rust from the bottom and major dent's and dings . you can always pull them out and repaint if you want to sell it. we used to have linex spray liner's installed ,they looked great but forget about seeing your paint again ,they do a pretty good job of protecting .but they can still dent under a big impact .the plastic with the raised rib's tends to dissipate the load over a larger surface ,and not denting .sorry for being liong winded .
Old February 23rd, 2009, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

I guess what it all boils down to is: Do you REALLY intend to remove your liner after a lot of hard use and start running the vehicle as a show truck or something? I'm trying to wrap my mind around heavy hauling usage closely followed by the extreme desire to suddenly exhibit the truck in close-to-mint condition. What's up with that?
Old February 24th, 2009, 5:40 PM
CF Veteran

Default liner

yea man you got to draw the line some were .
Old April 2nd, 2009, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, Quik-Liner, that's great. The question posed by the OP and others is they want to use their pickup beds for heavy hauling, and then have them ready for the truck show next week.
Any spray-in liner is going to defeat that purpose. Drop-ins aren't much better, because while they ARE removable, they create as much damage as they prevent.

If there was a way to haul heavy stuff, and then have a perfect bed without a liner, don't you think we'd all be doing it?

WHAT's a goil to do?

I had decided at the offset when I got my new truck that it was primarily a truck which was going to be used as such, and while I try to keep it nice, I'm not all that concerned about the overall condition of the bed in contrast to achieving my hauling objectives.

So I guess what it boils down to is it's mind over matter;If you don't mind, it don't matter!
Old May 1st, 2009, 11:57 PM
CF Beginner

Smile spray on bedliner

See the difference between two spraying product on same truck.Truck has been used for transporting machine tools.
Thats why I choose qwikliner
Attached Thumbnails  bed liners-qwikliner_before_after.jpg  
Old May 19th, 2009, 2:13 AM
CF Beginner

Smile spray on bedliner

For the price, durability, function and application method, I highly recommend the qwikliner bed liner.<o></o>
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: bed liners