Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 27th, 2015, 2:31 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:
Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

bed liners

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2009, 1:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'll add my .02 in also. I'm on my 2nd truck...the first one had a spray in liner that I had done...LOVED it...I guess I'll echo what everyone else has said. It didn't guard against dents...but if you're throwing rocks into your bed, nothing will. And it's definitely not bullet proof, I scraped it off a couple times with the corner of a refridgerator...but the good thing was, the place that did it offered me a lifetime warranty and fixed it for free. Also, it looked 100 times better than a drop in...so having said that there's no reason I would ever want to remove it.

My truck now has a drop in...it was in there when I bought it...it's old, there are scratches under it and paint missing...not to mention when I'm on the freeway the wind gets underneath it and it flaps around a bit.

I also own 2 jeeps...a Wrangler and a CJ...both of them have the interior rhino lined, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Name:  RHINOLINING2.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  37.7 KB

Name:  RHINOLINING1.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  60.5 KB
Old May 19th, 2009, 5:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

So let me get this straight:

Week One--Industrial Hauling,

Week Two--Competition Truck Shows

Why not just do week two FIRST?

The only alternative to spray-in and drop-in collateral damage would be to use rubber pads,carpet,cardboard, and cargo blankets VERY carefully.

You simply have to face the fact that installing ANY bedliner for all reasonable intents and purposes is going to preclude your truck from ever taking a Show Blue Ribbon again.

GO CHEAP

HAUL FREIGHT

LOOK GREAT

Pick any two.
Old May 19th, 2009, 9:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Let me also comment on the OP's question about doing rattle can spray on...if you are concerned with how it's going to look and what it'll do to your truck...DON'T DO A SPRAY ON...especially if you've never done it before...I guarantee you won't be happy with the results...one thing about getting it done professionally is that they'll spray it on in even coats, something you most likely won't be able to do with a rattle can if you don't have any experience.
Old May 20th, 2009, 6:42 AM
CF Beginner

Default spray on bedliner

For me, a product is more than the thing you buy. When I went with QWIK Liner, I am impress with the presentation, installation, service "and quality of the bedliner. It all added up to a great product. After the lining was installed, I naturally started to notice other spray-on linings and bed-liner solutions in other trucks. None of them looked as good.
Attached Images  
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the great advertisement, Bill, but the issue I think we're addressing here is that there are some who want to have their cake and eat it , too.

Any other ideas(YES, Quikliner is GREAT already!!) on methods for dealing with carelessly hauling large rocks just prior to entering the truck in a car show?
Old September 14th, 2009, 11:58 PM
CF Beginner

Smile spray on bedliner

I used to work for QWIKLINER,I have seen the mixtures for Poly-Tuff, Rhino, Herculiner, and linex, Only Line-X and QwikLiner hold a Lifetime Written Warranty. However I’ve heard horror stories about customers who tried to get linex to fully replace their bedliner. When I worked for Qwikliner and a single bubble or spot that starts chipping had an immediate full fix which consists of literally air chiseling the entire liner out of the bed due to the fact that if you try to respray Qwikliner in just one spot the thickness of the dual chemical mixture they use (ill keep them a secret will be horribly insufficient and look like **** afterwards. Then they totally resand the bed and prep it again for a complete re-shoot, try and get linex to replace the whole bed, it isnt going to happen without a fight. I have shot so many beds with Qwikliner and it truely is a remarkable product. Qwikliner also can be sprayed in many colors to match your vehicle.
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->

<!--[endif]--></pre>
Old September 15th, 2009, 4:59 PM
Super Moderator

For those of us who are apparently learning impaired, the issue isn't why QWIKLINER is the greatest product out there,(OK,OK -IT IS***NOW GET OVER IT!!!****) the question which still remains an issue is what to do if you want to use a liner then show the truck in mint condition afterward.

How about it, there, QWIKLINER-boy?
Old September 17th, 2009, 11:12 PM
CF Beginner

Smile spray on bedliner

Originally Posted by rivereye
For those of us who are apparently learning impaired, the issue isn't why QWIKLINER is the greatest product out there,(OK,OK -IT IS***NOW GET OVER IT!!!****) the question which still remains an issue is what to do if you want to use a liner then show the truck in mint condition afterward.

How about it, there, QWIKLINER-boy?
Roll on is the worst product like garbage.Don't waste time and money on roll on.Its peeled,faded and scratches problem.
Old September 18th, 2009, 1:23 PM
Super Moderator

STILL not addressing the specific problem mentioned, (sigh) but here goes:

OK, for YOU an apparently many others, the spray-on is best for your needs.

For those who may need a different product for a DIFFERENT purpose in their pickup beds, a roll-on may be the proper direction to go.

Learning impaired AND narrow-minded, GOT IT.
Old September 21st, 2009, 11:17 AM
CF Beginner

Wink bed liners

i hear a lot of you complaining about the drop in liner why dont some of you check out dualliner.com it is not a drop in nor a spray in i think all of you will be impressed with this product.

Quick Reply: bed liners