Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

code 43

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2014, 11:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code 43

Code 43 is the electronic spark control circuit. Recently I had to replace the leaking heads on my truck, I was having problems passing the CA emission test. I replaced the following: coolant temperature sensor (CTS), Electronic spark control knock sensor (ESC), Electronic spark control module (ESC), The distributor (complete), Exhaust gas recirculation valve (EGR), Manifold Absolute pressure sensor (MAP), Exhaust Oxygen sensor (O2), Throttle position sensor (TPS), Idle air control (IAC), the PVC, and plugs and wires.
I replace all of the sensors related to the emissions and some that while breaking down the top end of the motor I accidently broke (Knock Sensor). I set the timing with the ECM unplugged to zero. The problem I am having is the code 43 that keeps coming up when I am driving and put the motor under any stress it pings and the check engine light comes on and the truck starts to hesitate when I am starting off and running bad. Can Anyone help? I am at the end of my rope.