Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

daylight driving lens cover won't come off??

Search this Thread

Old February 23rd, 2010, 1:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default daylight driving lens cover won't come off??

hey all, i was trying to upload a picture link of my lens cover but my webhost is down right now.

anyway, i have a 2000 Silverado LS and noticed water in the passenger side lens cover on the front. it's the bottom one or daytime driving one. i guess it's been there a while like that cause the bulbs burnt and rusted out.

so i crawled all over it without figuring out where the hell to remove the cover to fix it. can't get it from the outside and my arm can't get in there on the inside. but i didn't see anywhere to unhinge it, if thats what i do to it.

guess i'm haveing a bald moment but it's got me stumped. any takers? thanks---G
Old February 23rd, 2010, 3:06 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remove the grill, using a phillip screw driver and carefully pop it out, remove the headlights as usual and you should be able to pull it out it has snaps on it so be careful. When you get it out. dont remove the glass just shake the water out where the bulp goes-if you have an air compressor that will help you as well