Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 1:47 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old April 6th, 2013, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Lights

I am in the process of installing aftermarket fog lights and want to intergret it into the the factory fog light button, but i need help with the intergretion.
Old April 6th, 2013, 7:51 PM
CF Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

The way that the factory fog lamps are setup is through voltage always being applied to the fog lamp relay. When the fog light switch is turned on, a ground is applied to the body control module through the fog light switch circuit. The BCM then applies the ground to fog light circuit, allowing the fog light relay to power the fog light fuse.

You didn't state the year of truck you are adding the fog light to. It appears, based upon your picture that it is between 2003 and 2006. One option is the OEM fog lamp kit. It will provide you with all of the wiring, lamps, relay etc.

If the truck did not ship from the factory with the fog lamp option, you will require the wiring harness. Also, you will need to have the BCM program for the fog lamps, if you decide to use the OEM kit.

Good luck with your install.
Old April 7th, 2013, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

I have the factory relay it was preinstalled. I just need to know which wire i need to connect to so that both sets come on when i press the button