Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

motor mount change

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2011, 9:29 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor mount change

My 98 K1500 has a collapsed motor mount on the passenger side. I wish to change them both, but it looks like one of those jobs where a few tips from someone who's done it before would make a difference. Thanks.
Old October 27th, 2011, 5:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the biggest thing is supporting the motor. otherwise it's a matter of getting at the bolts, and replacing old with new. if you can, use a cherry picker. don't use jack under oil pan. i've seen motors ruined from this.
Old October 27th, 2011, 8:28 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

for what its worth, you might want to price it out at a few local repair shops as they will have the equipment and can have you in and out in no time... don't forget to check or do the one under the transmission while your at it, its probably dried out or cracked also...
Old October 28th, 2011, 8:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Thanks for the reply, Maxxman. I use a 2x4 across the oil pan or on the tranny housing. In2pro, thank you too; I'll use the labor dollars I'd spend at a shop to buy more mods or upgrades for my truck. I like doing my own work. It's not that I don't trust other guys, but no one is perfect. If a shop makes one mistake in a thousand and that's my truck? You know. I'd have to hate them forever.
Old October 28th, 2011, 8:37 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Oh I totally understand and back you all the way, been there done that
but as maxxman04 stated avoid jacking the engine up from the pan or crank pulley...
Might check out YouTube also How to Replace Motor Mounts : How to Support the Engine when Replacing Motor Mounts - YouTube
Old September 21st, 2022, 3:08 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation motor mounts

my front left motor mount broke and i took it to a repair shop where they told me that they ordered the part and it wont fit for the frame end and that they cant find anymore parts elsewhere that fits. they said that the end of the mount needs to be much longer and they cant find anywhere online that has the part, has anyone else ran into this problem and/or can tell me how to get this problem fixed> thank you