Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

New guy with a few questions

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2007, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy with a few questions

Hey yall. Just wanna say whats up first of all and thanks for lettin me be a part of this forum. I have a 2000 silverado 4.8l 4x4. It has been a landscape truck since we got it for the company. I have put pretty much every mile on it. Now... I am gonna make it my project truck. I wanna do the whole 9 yards. but it has to be piece by piece because im not rollin in it.lol. The first thing i wanna do is lift the hell out of it. I have been lookin at lift kits but i have no idea what to get. Im new to this whole lifted truck thing. any opinions would be great, remember, nothin too expensive.But with a lift also come new wheels and tires. Again, any info would begreat.Basically im lookin for any ideas to start with and to continue with for this truck. Anywhere from new lights to a new motor.the motor in it now has 140,000 miles on it. Pretty hard miles too. One of the other main questions i had was, what size motor could i fit in it? Well thanks for ur time you all and hope to get some good answers.
Old August 14th, 2007, 9:17 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New guy with a few questions

I just wanted to say welcome aboard and I'm sure you'll get help from some of theguys. I've never done the lift thing, I have enough trouble getting into the stock one. I would think you could just about choose any Chevy engine.