Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

OnStar Disabling

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2009 | 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default about your silverado

Originally Posted by brims
I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Standard Bed New Body Style 2LT. I am still looking for the OnStar controller. I know, it's a truck, there's not a lot of hiding places, but GM really hid that sucker well. I've dropped the glove box all the way forward and the XM controller is sitting there but no OnStar. Has anyone else found this box? If so, what's a good way to get to it? This truck has that center console so looking up under the center of the dash doesn't really work. Thanks in advance.
I have just got back from the dealership had to show my ID and registration to get this info. Anyhow your onstar module is located behind your ash tray and to totally make it where it has no signal you have to unplug it via the wire harness and unplug the antenna. Now the antenna wire is nothing other than a data cord so you cant use it for an antenna, but your rear defroster can be used as a antenna. The data cord can be plugged into an after market gps this way you dont have to run extra wires. To clarify the rumors that fuse (47) will disable the onstar unit is false, all it does is kill the power to your mirror. Further more disabling onstar does nothing to the rest of your truck. Now when getting to the module there are no screws (do not take appart the top portion of your dash it is not necessary to do this) the ceter secion is held on by H clips on the bottom just pull. You can get up under there and look so you dont break the clips the rest of it just pops off after the H clips are undone. Hope this helps.

(this info was provided by a sevice tech at the GM dealer)
Old March 14th, 2012 | 9:13 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Shideler Racing
just put a bullet in it, LOL
cool !! i like it......
Old March 18th, 2012 | 6:03 PM
CF Beginner

I removed the OnStar box in my 2007 Silverado new body style and it threw a bunch of codes on the computer. the ABS light came on and it says service four wheel drive. What is wrong???