Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

TRANNY Problems!! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2011, 4:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy TRANNY Problems!! HELP!!

Hey Guys,!! Could you PLEASE help a Lady Out?! I have a 94 GMC Sierra that is experiencing some transmission problems. It all started when I went thru quite a bit of mud and water, after the last big mud puddle i went thru i put it in park and idled for a few minutes and then tried to put it back in gear, which it wouldnt do. it just revved up so i got it pulled back home and the next day started it and it went into gear just fine like normal i drove for about a half a mile and it jus started revving up so i parked and then later on that nite went back and everything was normal again. drove it home but now i'm scared to take it anywhere for fear of it doing the same thing again. could you guys please give me some input on what could be the problem????
Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the filter is getting plugged up with debris i do alot of 4l60s and usually the torque converter starts to come aprt and the metal and clutch friction material plug up the filter changing the filter if the fluid is black or grey would be a waste of time