Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Won't start, sometimes?

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2013, 1:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Won't start, sometimes?

I just purchased this truck a month ago and only drive it on weekends, runsand starts great except occasionally it won’t start? <o></o

I just ran the OBD codes with my code reader and all I get is C267 for theABS light on the dash. So I purchase afuel pressure gauge and sure enough when it won’t start there is no fuelpressure? So I couldn’t get it to start Saturdayfor about 5 hrs. and this is much longer than usual. I proceeded to start pulling the gas tank protector shell off of the tank and reachedup and wiggled the wire/connectors around to the fuel pump and tried to start itagain and it finally started and indicated 50PSI of fuel pressure. Now I can’t get it to fail again in starting untilI need to use it to run some errands, come out of the store and then it will not start again after it has been sitting 15-30 minutes, but this occurs intermittently. What’s the problem, an intermittent fuelpump??? <o></o

I have swapped like relays in the truck and the issue continued so it’s notthe fuel pump relay.<o></o

I have pulled the vacume hose on the fuel pressure regulator and it is not leaking fuel from it, so I presume that it’s not the cause, even though when itstranded me the first time at the store I removed and replaced the vacume hoseand the truck started? I hate intermittent electrical issues; anyone fought this same type of issue???

Thank you for any help in advance.

2001 1500 Silverado LS, 4x4
5.3L auto 135,000 miles

Old June 9th, 2013, 4:56 PM
CF Monarch

Received 353 Likes on 334 Posts

Check for loose connections at the fuel pump and corroded wires going to the pump. It is usually a bad ground connection.