Site Feedback THIS SECTION IS FOR SITE RELATED ISSUES ONLY!! NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIXING AN AUTOMOBILE

Try the "Thread Search" feature...

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Try the "Thread Search" feature...

First, to all new members, I would like to offer a heartfelt Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

We're all here to exchange ideas on how to repair or customize our rides.

To that end, I would like to point out that if you post a question, hopefully it will get answered promptly and accurately. However, if you use the thread search feature, you may be able to find the answers you need right away, with no waiting.

Best wishes and good luck to all.
Old May 1st, 2013, 6:37 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For some reason I can't get the thread search (simple or advanced) to return any results. None. Won't even show a thread I just looked at using the same search words in post title. I'll try again under a IE window to see if it's a FireFox or plug-in issue but I'm getting zip on searches right now.
Old May 1st, 2013, 6:41 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, just found this out. The search engine is adding quotation marks to 'words' that have numbers in them. For example; if you enter the following in search: 5.7L intake leak

the search engine alters that to this: "5.7L" intake leak

If you omit 5.7L it will search for intake leak and give you plenty of results. (For anything with an intake leak, unfortunately.)

Dunno why the search engine is altering the keywords with quotations but something in that process kills the search results.