Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Electrical Help

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2009, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Electrical Help

I have an 05 Aveo (hatchback), Recently the bottom brake light on the passenger side quit working. It would work occassionally, this led us to believe there was a short. My brother-in-law checked the fuse, the stop light fuse was blown, so we replaced it, and all seemed to be well

But, if it was- Why would I be telling you my story..

So.. then suddenly we had no brake lights at all and no interior (dash) lights and when you hit the brake, when the car was in Park the warning sound would come on.

To make a long story short, this is what we are currently experiencing...

We have no tail light or bottom brake light, this is due to what our mechanic believes a broken socket. We have ordered the wiring for this from our dealer, however it was backordered, one is now on the way from somewhere in Canada, shipping expected to take 1-2 weeks.

We have no front park light. We do however, have a turn signal. At one point the park light would come on when the brake was hit but I am unsure if this is still happening.

All other lights appear to be working fine.

Any ideas???

Thanks all!