Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

Granger Chevrolet Orange, Tx

Old May 14th, 2014, 3:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Granger Chevrolet Orange, Tx

I purchased a 2011 impala from Granger in 2012. I recently had transmission problems that left the car unoperable. I called the dealership and explained the problem and was informed that if it was the transmission then it would be covered under the 5yr 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.

I expressed the need for a loaner vehicle while my car was in the shop and was assured on 2 seperate occassions that I would not be left without a vehicle for transportation.

After having my vehicle towed up there, I went to the dealership to give them any information they may need and to pick up my replacement vehicle. Upon arrival, and me inquiring about the loaner vehicle I was informed that "that wont happen because we don't have any loaner vehicles in, and there's 2 people on the list ahead of you."

I inform the person that I was told I would not have this present issue, and was told that there may be a pickup truck getting returned this evening or tomorrow morning and I could "possibly" obtain that vehicle. I would be called if "something comes up"

So now I have no method of transportation for my family until my car is fixed. I do not understand why I was told twice that I would have a vehicle to compensate me and was so quickly shut down once I was actually present in the Service Department.

I would not recommend any form of business to this dealership. How can you be an entire Chevrolet dealership, yet you cannot provide temporary transportation to people who need their cars serviced? If my car was just going into the shop for a few hours, then that would be 1 thing, but it's a transmission issue and the time it will be in the shop is TBD.

How can you tell a customer that purchased the vehicle from YOUR dealership, that upon receiving warranty work on said vehicle, you're just going to be out of luck because "all our loaners are currently out." ?? This is very unnacceptable. So if I cannot provide myself another mode of transportation, then the welfare my job, children attendance for school, any emergency situation, is not of any concern to Granger Chevrolet unless they have "enough loaner vehicles in stock."
Old May 14th, 2014, 4:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default update

Supposedly I will be contacted by end of working day with instructions for picking up a replacement.
Old May 14th, 2014, 5:52 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi bobbyj,

I've responded to your concern on another post that you have made. Again, we are here if you would like for us to contact your dealership on your behalf regarding a possible loaner vehicle. Please send us a private message referencing your concern if we can be of any other assistance. Thank you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 15th, 2014, 1:27 PM
CF Beginner

I did receive a vehicle first thing this morning. Apparently there was a miscommunication between some of us.