Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

04 suburban electrical issue

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2013, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 suburban electrical issue

I have a 04 suburban that recently starting acting funny in November I change the alternator all was fine till last month when lights started flickering battery is good I checked it with my volt meter. Went to autozone had alternator checked its good as well. I can watch the battery gague fluctuate from 14 volts to 15 volts but when I have my volt meter on the battery it stays a consatant 14.4 volts connections on the battery are tight and not corroded kinda at my wits end any help would be appreciated thanks
Old March 11th, 2013, 6:22 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Cmudder1979
I have a 04 suburban that recently starting acting funny in November I change the alternator all was fine till last month when lights started flickering battery is good I checked it with my volt meter. Went to autozone had alternator checked its good as well. I can watch the battery gague fluctuate from 14 volts to 15 volts but when I have my volt meter on the battery it stays a consatant 14.4 volts connections on the battery are tight and not corroded kinda at my wits end any help would be appreciated thanks
I'd recommend since you say lights fliker, make sure the connections are tight. If you are using a digital VOM without an analog bar, you might not see a lag in the voltage due to a slightly loose connection.
Old March 11th, 2013, 7:16 PM
CF Monarch

Received 349 Likes on 330 Posts

Don't just check your battery connections at the battery, but at the other end also. It is real important that the negative cable has a good tight corrosion free connection at the other end. Looks like you have a bad ground somewhere.