Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

04 Suburban Map/Reading Lights Not Working

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2011, 8:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Suburban Map/Reading Lights Not Working

2004 Suburban 1500 LT 2WD 5.3L

The map/reading lights (driver's and 2nd row) in my Suburban do not work. The dome lights work fine when opening the doors or switching them on with the dash switch, but pressing the buttons to switch the smaller lights on does nothing. Here's an oddity: the front map lights do work when the dome lights are manually turned on with the dash switch (2nd row reading lights don't though). But turn that switch off and they stop working. And the 2nd row bulbs are fine as I've swapped them into the dome slots and they work.

I've checked the 15A fuses labelled TBC in the fuse box near the driver's door, but they appear to be fine - none are brown. Are those the correct fuses? I searched and found a thread that mentioned those.

Anyone experienced this or heard of it? Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Old February 25th, 2012, 4:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I just got a 2004 suburban LT and it's doing the same thing. I was wondering if you had any success before I look into taking it to someone.