Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Denali Taillights...

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2006, 12:10 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 Denali Taillights...

ORIGINAL: tahoe07

Yeah me too. I was shopping hard for used ones. Where and how much please???????????

X2
Old November 16th, 2006, 1:31 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: 70mopar

Slammed Birch, did u order factory LED Caddy lights, or r they aftermarket? just asking, 'cause i coulda swore ZX said the new Cad lights won't fit. let us know what u'r getting.
I ordered GM parts. I have a hook-up, so I can't really help you guys with price. Sorry 'bout that.

My interpretation of ZX's post was that they will fit, but he hesitated to recommend it because he thought some people may not be quite up to the install. I have no doubt that the lights will physically fit in the opening. What I am curious about is the harness. I haven't bothered taking a stock light out to look, but I am expecting to find a pigtail with a weatherpack for the incandescent bults that can be removed. The harness for the LEDs should then plug in to the chassis harness. I could certainly be mistaken, but if I know GM, this swap should be just that simple.

Perhaps ZX will comment on my speculation?
Old November 16th, 2006, 12:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Lots of "it should" and "what if's"... When someone does the install of the Escalade Tails and it works, would you please tell us how it went and what to expect? Thanks guys! You are right, knowing GM it should be Plug/Play.
Old November 16th, 2006, 7:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Perhaps you could "drop" the first set during install and re-order a second set for me.
Old November 17th, 2006, 1:57 AM
CF Active Member

Slammed, alot of ppl have a "connection" with someone @ GM, that's not what i was asking (regarding the $ u'd pay). u answered my question none the less regarding OE or aftermarket. thanks, & i had the same idea regarding the connection for the tail light wiring. post some pic's/info when u get it done.
Old November 17th, 2006, 3:17 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a moment to check the and found that the Escalade uses a different tail lamp wire harness than the new Tahoe.
Old November 21st, 2006, 10:21 AM
CF Junior Member

How many wires in the harness, and could a harness adapter be made with connectors (how could one get the connectors?) or could the wires be joined using a homemade connector or through splicing (safely)? One would have to find out if colors of wires don't match what wire is what to match up? Any help from our master engineer/advisor would be helpful. In my view the piece fitting physically with same bolt points/etc. is 75% of the battle...
Old November 23rd, 2006, 3:49 AM
CF Beginner

got escalade taillamps for my 07 suburban .they did not fit...the body of the lamp is the same but harness is a problem
07 subs and tahoes have a 5 pin connector and escalades have a 6 pin conn.lamps look really good on the truck to bad they didnt work
Old November 23rd, 2006, 12:32 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much you want for them?
Old November 23rd, 2006, 2:12 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Landon,
You better get your wife's approval (and checkbook) before you go acting all big and bad.

Quick Reply: 07 Denali Taillights...