Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Denali Taillights...

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2006, 5:41 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 Denali Taillights...

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Landon,
You better get your wife's approval (and checkbook) before you go acting all big and bad.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old November 23rd, 2006, 9:04 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please quit picking on me. You might cause me to do something crazy, and get a Dodge!
Old November 25th, 2006, 2:47 AM
CF Active Member

that's ok, u'll have a nicer lookin' truck that won't give u any problems with the hood getting dents in it!

boy, that's sure to send jasonw75 off the deep end for sure!
sorry brother, i couldn't resist [sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old December 10th, 2006, 3:11 AM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: Slammed Birch

ORIGINAL: 70mopar

Slammed Birch, did u order factory LED Caddy lights, or r they aftermarket? just asking, 'cause i coulda swore ZX said the new Cad lights won't fit. let us know what u'r getting.
I ordered GM parts. I have a hook-up, so I can't really help you guys with price. Sorry 'bout that.

My interpretation of ZX's post was that they will fit, but he hesitated to recommend it because he thought some people may not be quite up to the install. I have no doubt that the lights will physically fit in the opening. What I am curious about is the harness. I haven't bothered taking a stock light out to look, but I am expecting to find a pigtail with a weatherpack for the incandescent bults that can be removed. The harness for the LEDs should then plug in to the chassis harness. I could certainly be mistaken, but if I know GM, this swap should be just that simple.

Perhaps ZX will comment on my speculation?
Just curious if you got the lights and had a chance to look it over. Did the lights come w/ the needed harness?
Old February 28th, 2007, 10:40 PM
CF Addict

Colorado Chiefmentionedthat the denali lights are plug and play. I just received my denali lights and thought I would be able to plug the harness in from my tahoe. It seems the little nothces that hold the bulbs in place are not the same size in the denali housing as they are in the tahoe. The tail light harness has a larger notch than the openings on the denali light housings? Did you have to cut, or somehow modify the denali holder notches so they tahoe harness would fit in?? Please, any help asap would be great! THanks, Landon.
Old March 1st, 2007, 12:54 AM
CF Addict

Nevermind! I got the denali tails installed! They worked with very slight modification! I love them. They look much better than the factory tails, IMO.
Old March 1st, 2007, 1:02 AM
CF Veteran

PICs of them on your white HOE please. What mods?
Old March 1st, 2007, 1:11 AM
CF Addict

Will get pics ASAP, it is obviously dark now! Mods, hmmm. WEll the only mod was the use of a utility knife and a book full of curse words! Oh yeah, and a run to Wally world to replace one of the bulbs I broke. GRRR, it broke while trying to cram it in the holes before the utility knife was used!

I REAAAAAALLLLY like them.
Old March 1st, 2007, 12:18 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: tahoe07

PICs of them on your white HOE please. What mods?
These arent the best pics as they were taken early in the morning, and it was overcast. It is hard to get good pictures of tails. I will get some pictures outside, someday! I love them and I am sure the pictures dont do justice.

Old March 1st, 2007, 6:43 PM
CF Veteran

Looks good. I'm not sure about those on a Red vehicle. They're probably best on black, white and maybe even silver.

Quick Reply: 07 Denali Taillights...