Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Denali Taillights...

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2007, 6:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 07 Denali Taillights...

I like the denali tails. Looks sharp

Big,
Did you get a different hitch cover?
Old March 1st, 2007, 6:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Saw that too. Which model is that?
Old March 1st, 2007, 7:04 PM
CF Addict

That is the same hitch cover that biggmon put on the forum a while back. It is the www.autoaccessory4u.com one. They also sell them on ebay. It is cheap, personally I think it is junk. I wish I would have kept the OEM one.

Tahoe 07,
I personally think these black ones would look better on your tahoe! However, opinions may vary and I would have to see them on to be 100% sure about that. But the all red are just TOO much.
Old March 1st, 2007, 10:42 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man you hurt my feelings. LOL Really they do seem a little cheap, but I like the way they look. come on man you gotta look cool!!!

ORIGINAL: biglg

That is the same hitch cover that biggmon put on the forum a while back. It is the www.autoaccessory4u.com one. They also sell them on ebay. It is cheap, personally I think it is junk. I wish I would have kept the OEM one.

Tahoe 07,
I personally think these black ones would look better on your tahoe! However, opinions may vary and I would have to see them on to be 100% sure about that. But the all red are just TOO much.
Old March 1st, 2007, 10:46 PM
CF Addict

Oh biggmon, you will be ok! Haha! I thought I would give it a shot. Most people like this style better than OEM!

I honestly like the look of the OEM one. If someone has the OEM one I will gladly trade my white one for the OEM one. I would also sell mine cheap. Personally, the paint on mine is below average. I had an issue. You could just remove the paint and start over, however it isnt bad if you arent 2 inches away from it while looking at it. I want to go back to the OEM one. Anyone want to trade or buy mine!
Old March 1st, 2007, 11:39 PM
CF Veteran

What do you want for it?
Old March 2nd, 2007, 12:32 AM
CF Addict

I dont know, I would probably take 35 shipped for it! Here is what happened. I had it painted perfectly! I was installing it in the hitch. I happend to drop it as I was doing it and put very very small nicks in the paint. I decided to start overand remove all the paint, clear coat, etc. So I took some lacquer thinner to it trying to remove the paint to fix it. Well I thought I had the paint removed! The part is white and the paint was white. It was hard to tell. I didnt get all the paint off. There are a few very fine lines from where a paint layer was left on that the lacquer thinner didnt remove! If you painted over the top of it a few coats, it would probably fill everything in. Which obviously you would have to do to get it to match. Like I mentioned, no one would ever know it was there unless you were inches from it. HOwever, I know its there. But that isnt the reason for selling it. If it was really that bad I would just redo it! I really just want the old one back. I like the big voluptuous one, .
Old March 2nd, 2007, 12:59 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the reply big. I still have the OEM I bought last month still sitting in the box (I have been modding the house instead of the ride lately), but plan on installing this weekend if all goes well.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 11:41 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG Big, those tails look sweet! I hope that they work on my Avalanche 'cause I'm going to give it a try.

Looks great, congrats!!

~digdug
Old March 2nd, 2007, 12:17 PM
CF Addict

If your AVY tails are the same as the Tahoe then they shoudl work. You will need to trim out the little notches as I mentioned. The tahoe harnesses had the little slots that are slightly different in size than the denali harness locations. It is very simple.

Also remember that the denali Reverse light is in the Middle, reverse light is on the bottom of the Tahoe. So the top harness stays on top, the middle harness moves to the bottom, and the bottom harness goes into the middle. There is also a small harness but it is obvious where it goes as it is very small! I hope this helps.