Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe Audio Specs (non-bose)

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2006, 4:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe Audio Specs (non-bose)

I just got my new Tahoe and while test driving didn't think I needed the Bose system, and guess what? The stock system stinks. XM sucks too, but that's another thread. The stock stereo just doesn't have the range to put out full sound regardless of the source.

I want to know how many Watts per Channel does the standard 6-cd deckputs out? Also what size and how many watts the stock speakers can handle.

In my 02 Ford Explorer, I replaced the stock radio with a JBL CD deck that put out 180 watts (45 x 4) and the stock speakers worked just fine - but there was just four speakers instead of eight in the Tahoe.

My question is really - do I put in a new stereo deck that puts out more watts, replace the speakers, or change out everything?
Old December 28th, 2006, 4:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 07 Tahoe Audio Specs (non-bose)

Speakers can make or break a system. A great stereo with crap speakers will sound bad. Once you get good speakers you need the power to push them. if you are trying to save cash get speakers first. If you still aren't satisfied (it's personal preference afterall) then get a new head unit. I suspect you'll need both to be happy.

Sorry, I don't have the wattage for the stock stuff.
Old December 28th, 2006, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

yeah that is why im trying to find out sizes and specs for the stock speakers (watts, ohms, etc) to help me make my next decision. thanks!
Old December 28th, 2006, 10:40 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: MurphDogg

yeah that is why im trying to find out sizes and specs for the stock speakers (watts, ohms, etc) to help me make my next decision. thanks!
the stock speakers are 6.5 in the front doors and 6.5 in the rear doors. there are also 4 ohm speakers. in some cases you might have a tweeter in the a pillars. stock speakers are typically 15 - 25 watts max, when they rate them they are not rated accurately when the state higher wattage.
Old January 13th, 2008, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

my speakers in my LS when pulled are 8 ohm