Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe Exhaust & Intake

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 Tahoe Exhaust & Intake

new to the forum... great web site very informational. Recently bought an 07 Tahoe....I am very pleased with it... Installed the K&N filter and Magnaflow (Part 12589). It is a 22" muffler with 3" in/out pipes. I also had the resonator cut off and had a Magnaflow oval tip installed. I have about 3/4"clearance on the side exittip. Very pleased with the sound... It now sounds like a V-8 when started and sounds great while driving not too loud, just right. Total expense installed $210. Ithink Idid ok on the deal....what prices have the other members paid?
Old April 6th, 2007, 12:18 AM
e
CF Senior Member

new to the forum as well.......not new to performance......the volant and K&Nare bothgoodintake systems but I have another option for ya. For those interested in a better flowing, better Filtering intake system, look into TrueFlow. www.trueflow.com. Not all filters are the same nor are the tubes. As far as the system goes you keep the factory airbox (which has been proven to flow plenty of enough air to supply the engine cleaner, colder air, than an open element system) and replace the plumbing to the throttle body. The tubing is not plastic like most other intakes which can crack or warp over time. The couplers are thicker and not to mention kick-*** red. They do offer the XDI which will be available shortly which is designed for a more modifed engine such as full exhaust, headers, custom tuned chips, MAF sensors and such. The product is top notch. We have been selling and installing them foralmost two yearsand have had no complaints or problems.Better Performance and Gas Milage.We've done a few 07 Silverado's and Sierras with great sucess but no Tahoes. I've spoken with Jason at TrueFlow and he's convinced me to wait for the XDI which should be out soon. Check em out I dont think anyone will be disappointed. Alsoinstall MagnaflowS/S catback systems as well, and they are great as well. Every now and then we geta clamp that acts the ***, butoverall worth the money. I wish they offered a dual side exit catback for the tahoe. We dont sell the universal mufflers only the catbacks which are dyno tuned to the vehicle..........Yes I do have have plans on modingour hoe, will keep ya posted 482 miles.........
Old July 11th, 2007, 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

I had a local muffler shop install a 40 series Flowmaster on my 07 Tahoe. They removed the rear muffler and added a piece to match the stock pipe and installed a nice chrome tip for $200.00. The stock pipe on the Tahoes are big enough that you get good flow, so if you want to save some cashI recommend going to your local muffler shop. I did notice a gain in power when I was towing my boat last weekend and it also help move the 35" tall tires.
Old July 13th, 2007, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

Why not too much discussion over the K&N? That's the intake I was considering (I've had K&N in previous vehicles) but there seems to be more love for the Volant so I'm second guessing myself.

Old July 16th, 2007, 3:01 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

While I don't have any quantitative data, after I installed the GM perf. exh. and CAI, at 60 mph and kick down to passing gear, it really sets you back in the seat and sounds awesome. The gal that was riding with me thought the afterburner just kicked in.
Old July 21st, 2007, 4:26 AM
CF Beginner

sorry for the late response, i haven't been on the site for a few months... work has been crazy. to answer your question - hopefully you didn't do it yet, i was a little dissappointed when i got the mass air sensor and compared to the stock sensor. it is an ac delco part similar to the stock, the biggest difference is that the stock air meter has a honeycomb shape screen on the leading end, the new one does not.

i'd bet if you modified your existing air sensor by taking out the screen, you would see similar performance results. i didn't measure the performance gains, but i did notice a slight improvement in throttle respose.
Old August 1st, 2007, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 99, just put Gibson SS shorties and Magnaflow high flow cats on it, made a big difference! The mufler and tailpipe are stock but brand new, still contemplating on changing them to finish the system, I would recomend the Gibson SS headers to anyone good qaulity American Made product.

It must be nice playing with a new Hoe instead of an old Hoe.
Old September 4th, 2009, 8:49 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
While I don't have any quantitative data, after I installed the GM perf. exh. and CAI, at 60 mph and kick down to passing gear, it really sets you back in the seat and sounds awesome. The gal that was riding with me thought the afterburner just kicked in.
hi shark, i was wondering with your GM performance exhaust do you hear alot of prone inside your truck? i want to upgrade my 2008 5.3 v8 suburban but not sure should i go with the GM performance or the touring. i want to get a nice deep sound from my truck but dont want so much drone inside.... so any recommendation? thanks