Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1984 Suburban Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2007, 5:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1984 Suburban Upgrades

Well, in the next three days I will be getting my hands on a 1984 GMC suburban 2500 (leafs in the rear are off a 1 ton chevy though). She has a big block 454, turbo 400 trans, the power back window still works, as well as the front and rear a/c. shes a beast, and when i get her, im making some major upgrades. unfortunately, shes only 2 wheel drive. however, 900 dollars for this vehicle, especially it being a turn key truck even after sitting in a back yard for a year and a half, shes a steal. I'm looking to make some upgrades/repairs, and i can't seem to find the parts im looking for. First off, i need upgrades to the motor. shes a gas hog and i need to find me some performance upgrades to tide me over til i save up for the tbi injection kit. intake, exhaust,cam, also looking to add a train horn, and actual freighttrain horn.i'm looking for a small lift kit, shes stock height on 33inch tires i wana push for 35's. also, both the tail light covers are broken out, which is a no no. i'm looking for some black/smoked tail lights for this truck. i'm also looking for a custom grill. i was thinking black matte (like a billet grill only, blacked out). also trying to locate some captains chairs for the front to replace that bench seat i just cant seem to get comfortable in. (captains chairs go back further then the bench does, im 6'10 its kind of a must. also looking for maybe a custom grill gaurd and two decent offroad lights, if its possible. i cant find any websites that i can trust theyre too low key for me to believe the prices. if someone could point me in the right direction i'd greatly appreciate it. also a drives rear door and a passenger rear door panel (both manual window) is needed for the only body damage it has and interior peice thats missing. maybe even a light bar for the roof with some KC's or Hellas. Anyways, thanks for looking at this post, and help is greatly appreciated. thank you.