Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2003 Tahoe Rear Locks and Rear Hatch

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2013, 6:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2004 Tahoe Door locks

I hope resetting the fuse works. If not, at least I am on the trail of a bad connection. I would like a diagram of the wiring and the sequence of events that control the rear doors and hatch. Any threads on this would be welcomed.

Thanks BDee
Old January 19th, 2014, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BDee
I have had the same problem with my 2004 Tahoe. rear doors and hatch will not always lock using the FOB or the door lock switch. They always unlock. I swapped relays and every thing worked fine during several tests. Thought I had it fixed. NOT. Couldn't lock the rear doors or hatch next time I took it out. I took the cover off the rear hatch and tested the power source with a meter. It always supplied power to unlock but nothing for locking. I pulled and reset any fuses related to locking in the fuse block (two fuses). Retested the locks and as of now it locks - unlocks. Don't know when it will fail again. Be assured the dealer would have swapped lock accurators for several hundred dollars. You can't blame a lock accurator when it is not getting power.

Hope this helps someone.
BDee
I have this same problem with my 2004 Suburban. My rear doors and hatch will lock intermittently. I noticed my unlock relay was not set properly in the fuse box. I wiggled it and got it set and then wiggled the lock relay. The problem has seemed to gone away for now. I will continue to monitor.

Did you actually replace both the unlock and lock relays with new relays or did you just swap the lock and unlock relays in respective locations? Which fuses did you pull and replace; I only see one for locks-20A? Thanks for the post.

Last edited by domano 68; January 19th, 2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 10:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the exact same problem. Rear doors and hatch would unlock but not lock (really annoying, right?). I did like you and swapped the relays and then put them back they way they were and just like that, it's fixed. So strange, but I'm not complaining. I'm really happy about this right now. Thank you!!!