Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 air ride suspension

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2015, 9:25 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't have an answer for you on that. I wanted the load leveling feature in the back because I tow with it, and the front is not air controlled anyways. Actually wanted the whole thing but damn stuff is pricey!

Arnott makes a passive rear air shock that is cheaper...still an air shock but I think you manually fill it. Comes with a bypass kit for the back, which if I had to guess is a similar resistive setup to the front.

From what I have read, just quickly google searching, is that I think you could put on new standard tahoe rear shocks, bypass the electrical connection same way as front (likely same resistor) ,disconnect the air lines and pull a fuse for the compressor. They say if you then pull the battery for a minute it will clear a message on the dic for the compressor.

I have zero clue if that will work though. I'd try and test it out first with some clip leads and resistors, before you start cutting stuff. The air lines and fuse can be done without damaging anything so you can put it back if needed.

If you could, report back here with what you find out. I don't know if I will need it in the future because arnott's warranty looks pretty solid, but someone might!

Just for general information, the electrical connections on the front and rear shocks serve the same purpose, electronic control of the magnetic dampening in the stock shocks.
Old May 11th, 2015, 2:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service suspension system

I have a 2011 ltz with the (sss) light on at times. I see I can replace everything with the Arnott system. But it is a bypass on the front. I am having a hard time finding the part number or even a part for the front shocks/coils that have the connection for the z55system.
Anyone know were I can by a set of fronts with the connection?
Thanks for the help
jdrl
Old May 11th, 2015, 3:50 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by jdrl
I have a 2011 ltz with the (sss) light on at times. I see I can replace everything with the Arnott system. But it is a bypass on the front. I am having a hard time finding the part number or even a part for the front shocks/coils that have the connection for the z55system.
Anyone know were I can by a set of fronts with the connection?
Thanks for the help
jdrl
You can buy the entire system delete from them (Arnott), front, back, new springs, electronic bypass etc. Or you can get just the fronts with the bypass (comes with them). Or you can get replacement rears that or oem remans, or new passive air (which also include the bypass). Oem remans don't need bypass.

The only thing I don't see is the rears that aren't passive or oem that come with the springs. That you would have to get the whole kit for.

If you want to buy the actual oem replacement parts to keep the z55 system, you could try gmpartsdirect or rock auto. There should be descriptions that will say w/z55 or something like that. Prepare for sticker shock.

Oh and you can look right on your old shock body for the oem number as well I think its also a 3 letter code (but it won't say z55).
Old May 11th, 2015, 4:36 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info.

Just to be clear I would like the OME front and read with out the bypass.

I can only find the front bypass.

Jdrl
Old May 11th, 2015, 6:36 PM
CF Active Member

Default Rock auto or gmpartsdirect?

Have you tried rock auto or gmpartsdirect?
Old May 11th, 2015, 8:20 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

There are probably other things besides the shocks that can cause the service stability system light to come on. You might want to check that out before you spend big bucks on shocks.
Old May 29th, 2018, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

My air ride suspension compressor stopped working on my '07 Tahoe. I noticed the fuse was blown. I changed the fuse and it blew again. Any advice on what to do next? Is it a faulty compressor, or something electrical? I wish I could get my hands on an electrical diagram.