Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 door handles turning into razor blades

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2012, 4:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! Just purchased a used '07 Burb yesterday and we noticed that the handles were doing this when we were looking over it. Obviously it did not have any factor on our decision to purchase the vehicle..... We would like to get them replaced though. I will contact our salesperson tomorrow and see if he can set this up for us. We have to take it to the dealership for a free detail on Friday anyways. Will see if they can do it then. Thanks for the post and info.
Old August 30th, 2012, 2:34 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by youther
Hello! Just purchased a used '07 Burb yesterday and we noticed that the handles were doing this when we were looking over it. Obviously it did not have any factor on our decision to purchase the vehicle..... We would like to get them replaced though. I will contact our salesperson tomorrow and see if he can set this up for us. We have to take it to the dealership for a free detail on Friday anyways. Will see if they can do it then. Thanks for the post and info.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old August 31st, 2012, 8:30 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default wow.

one post? you have ONE post and expect us to believe that you completely disregard your and your family's safety in such a fashion?

I smell a fake...

If I cut myself on door handles to any car, let alone a $50k+ one I'd be out for blood. I don't have kids, but if I did, and they were injured due to GMs inability to feel compassion for living things, I'd have a lot more to say than 'doesn't factor into'...

Of course, then again, perhaps you don't mind being injured while opening car doors.

If so, carry on.
Old September 1st, 2012, 7:23 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
My dealer was aware of the issue and replaced them yesterday with no questions asked. Thanks for your offer of assistance.
Old September 1st, 2012, 7:48 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
one post? you have ONE post and expect us to believe that you completely disregard your and your family's safety in such a fashion?

I smell a fake...

If I cut myself on door handles to any car, let alone a $50k+ one I'd be out for blood. I don't have kids, but if I did, and they were injured due to GMs inability to feel compassion for living things, I'd have a lot more to say than 'doesn't factor into'...

Of course, then again, perhaps you don't mind being injured while opening car doors.

If so, carry on.
SabrToothSqrl, Prozac is your friend!

I smell an idiot!

First, what does the fact that I had only made 1 post have to do with anything? We bought the vehicle 1 week ago today. I searched for a Suburban forum and found this one. While reading through posts I found this post pertaining to the door handles.

The door handles had minor rough blemishes on them where the chrome handle was peeling off. No where on the handles were they sharp or pose any type of hazzard to my family or I. As I mentioned in my first post, we noticed that the chrome was coming off when we inspected it on our test drive. It was not a factor in our decision to purchase the vehicle because it was not sharp or pose any danger to any of us. We just assumed that the handles were that way from repeated use. The vehicle was in such superb condition we would have replaced the handles at our on cost if it became an issue and something that minor would not have kept us from purchasing the vehicle.

Second, according to you

"If I cut myself on door handles to any car, let alone a $50k+ one I'd be out for blood. I don't have kids, but if I did, and they were injured due to GMs inability to feel compassion for living things, I'd have a lot more to say than 'doesn't factor into'..."

GM obviously does have some concern about the matter because they have been replacing these handles on their own. And people like you being "sue happy" is what's wrong with the world today and in return what drives the costs of cars and other things through the roof.

If it's makes you happy I can post a picture of the service repair order to show you that we had them replaced since you seem to think you "smell a fake."

Last, I think it's tme you changed out your corn cob for a new one, becasue you sure are awful sensative.
Old September 1st, 2012, 7:58 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl

I smell a fake...

If so, carry on.
I think you need to get a life...
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:44 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
My family never received the notice and didn't come across it until today (and we're at 128K miles), but it has been an issue for quite some time. The dealer said they "used to have a program to correct this," but not any more. What can be done about it?
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JC_Berger
My family never received the notice and didn't come across it until today (and we're at 128K miles), but it has been an issue for quite some time. The dealer said they "used to have a program to correct this," but not any more. What can be done about it?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> JC_Berger,

Would you please provide your VIN, so I may look into this further for you?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 1st, 2013, 4:43 PM
CF Beginner

Having a hard time getting this covered. I have a 2007 Silverado NBS dealer is telling me my VIN isn't covered, WTF??? I have the 2007. Would love to know who the regional GM person is here in Oregon????
Old February 1st, 2013, 4:50 PM
CF Beginner

All dealers in my area are unwilling to work with me on this...... And actually very f'n rude. Carr Chevrolet.. the dealer I bought the truck from has been absolutely HORRIBLE. My damn fingers are cut to shreds... WTF?????

Quick Reply: 2007 door handles turning into razor blades