Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 door handles turning into razor blades

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2013, 5:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GM is taking care of it. A quick call and escalation to a claims department and GM has agreed to look at it. If in fact it falls under the issue (it does) GM will rectify it free of charge. For $40 in parts and an hour of labor, GM is securing a customer for life.
Old June 16th, 2013, 11:59 AM
CF Beginner

I am having a the same problem with the door handles. I have 58000 miles on my 2007 Suburban LT. The chrome is coming off the handles. I am trying to replace them. Which dealership should I bring my car to, that would repair them. I am located in the San Francisco area.
Old June 16th, 2013, 2:00 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Alimo88 Welcome to the forum...
If you purchased it new, I would return to the dealership your bought it from...
You may want to send a message to Chevrolet Customer Service on this form and see if they can setup a case and appointment for you at a local dealership...
Given that the vehicle is completely out of warranty you may not get them replaced for free but possibly at a reduced rate, but you never know they may still cover it for free...

here is a link to the GM reps on this site ---> Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums - View Profile: Chevrolet Customer Service

DO follow up with us to let everyone know your outcome good or bad...
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:03 PM
CF Beginner

Call GM customer service. The dealer service dept., rarely related to the actual dealer, needs to get paid. They get paid in two ways by you or the manufacturer via a claim. If GM feels they want your business, and they usually do, they will make a claim for you and just about any dealer service can take care of it. If not, the handles run $20-40 each side and there are tons of videos online to help.
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Here is a thread link to the subject --> https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...r-27129/page2/

According to the post #12:

" replaced under Document ID: 2502469
#09239 Special coverage adjustment-Front and rear chrome interior door handle lever-July 15,2010
The coverage covers the condition for a period of 10 years or 100,000 miles. Repairs will be made at NO CHARGE to customer."
Old June 18th, 2013, 3:31 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Alimo88
I am having a the same problem with the door handles. I have 58000 miles on my 2007 Suburban LT. The chrome is coming off the handles. I am trying to replace them. Which dealership should I bring my car to, that would repair them. I am located in the San Francisco area.

Alimo88,

I am sorry you are having this concern with your door handles. I would be more than happy to look into this concern for you. Can you please private message me your name, VIN, mileage, phone number, and address? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 29th, 2013, 9:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default New owner, little late :(

We have the same issue... Just bought our 2007 Suburban with 103,000 miles. The handles cut my wife's hand on our first family trip. Guess I'll take it to a dealer and see if it can be covered.
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:53 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by TXOso
We have the same issue... Just bought our 2007 Suburban with 103,000 miles. The handles cut my wife's hand on our first family trip. Guess I'll take it to a dealer and see if it can be covered.
What was the outcome? I just noted that I have a couple of handles that are peeling.
Old January 30th, 2014, 11:29 AM
CF Junior Member

Just stopped by my local dealership because my door interior door handles are peeling leaving very sharp edges. They told me that the warranty exception is for 2007s and that my 2009 Suburban with only 84XXX miles did not fall under that. They told me to call Chevrolet customer service. I did, and they opened a claim. They told me the customer service rep at the local dealership would be in contact with me within 24 hours.
Old March 25th, 2014, 3:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default Interior door handles

I am trying to locate where I can buy the interior drivers door handle for my 07 Tahoe but I'm having trouble locating the right color. Can anyone give me a vendor's website that I can try that will have the Grey or Titanium color with the heated seat and memory switches?

Quick Reply: 2007 door handles turning into razor blades