Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 door handles turning into razor blades

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2017, 5:36 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 09 Duramax has the same problem, handles are cheap and it doesn't take but about 25 minutes to do one. I would look at Dorman replacement handles or if you could trim the chrome off until you source a repair.
Old December 16th, 2017, 10:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Suburban LTZ

Having the same problem on a 2007 Suburban LTZ w/ under 75,000 miles.

Am I eligible for the recall to get these replaced?
Old September 5th, 2023, 12:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handles Breaking

Hi Jeff,
Not sure if you will receive this. We have 6 large GM SUV's in our fleet and all of them are having problems with the handles. The latest is pictured here. Most of them the interior bolt anchors just break this one obviously has some other issue most likely with the interior spring mechanism. This is really getting to be a huge time consuming problem on top of the ~$100 dollar cost per handle from GM. The design is really bad since we have the weight of the door to pull with a lot more force that what the very weak anchor is designed to withstand. Is there an option for a much heavier frame for the internals of the handle the we can use. I mean the ones that GM sells for $100+ and the cheap aftermarket $15 ones are basically the same. We do not care if we spend even $200 each if they are strong to avoid having the vehicle down for 1-2 days and losing revenue. Plus it takes an effort and costs to take apart the door to replace them.

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Glad to hear I was able to help you ctccc. If you or anyone else has any other issues feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Latest broken handle from 2012 Tahoe LTZ
Old September 5th, 2023, 8:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 tahoe razors for interior handles

Wow.
Just came across this old thread after cutting my finger on the interior door handle.

Hey, CHEVY rep out there. I am in NYC. The local dealer said my vehicle is out of warranty, which is certainly true, but this is a known GM defect.
What can you do for me ?

Thanks,

Ted