Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Suburban LC9 Mystery Coolant Leak

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2021, 10:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MadMattDrifts
The reason the leak has slowed down was the because the system was bot building pressure due to the coolant tank cap becoming defective right as I replaced the water pump.

Kept noticing the small drips again. Installed some Bars tablets (same as the dealer used back in the day). Installed a new cap. The leak immediately appeared after a drive and I still had a lot of dye left in the system. I did see it leaking. After another drive, it looked like the leak was slowed down a lot.

The head studs that the previous owner installed are seeping. Master GM tech at a dealer said that the Bars stop leak will seal it up. My plan is to check the torque on the studs, and if they are loose, torque them down again. Or just replace the studs with OEM head bolts.

Really tempted just to pull the heads, new OEM gaskets and seals everywhere, and use OEM head bolts. I’m not planning to boost this vehicle, so no need for head studs that will leak.
Hi, thank you for this post. I have a mysterious leak as well. for about 1 year, i put a ltr of coolant and i could not find the leak. is this in the photo shown right of lest engine?
Old September 29th, 2021, 10:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this also applicable to LMG engines?