Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Suburban No XM Signal

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2011, 8:07 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default stop

stop "Louis".
just stop.

Not only are you not adding any useful information. You are actually slowing the resolution here. You are dragging down the entire human race, and we need to put a stop to it.

I'd say that GM as useless at social media as they are at putting anything more high-tech than an etch-a-sketch in a car, but that would be a lie. For you see, you are actually more than useless. You are degrading the system. It's what's commonly called a howler monkey at meetings. You slow the process, don't offer anything useful, yet appear to be 'helping'.

All the squawking in the world won't convince everyone on the planet to "see your dealer", so please, for the sake of society, if you don't have something useful to add, keep it to yourself.

Now; if you are able to post diagrams, offer troubleshooting steps, or report issues directly to engineers who have completed schooling and are of use to society, please, by all means feel free to interact.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 7:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No XM Signal 08 Chevy Tahoe

Finally I found a diagram that showed me that there are 3 connections for the antenna. 1.) behind glovebox at the xm receiver 2.) behind the headliner above the drivers side sunvisor and 3) passengers side under the dash cover next to the defrost vent. You have to remove the side pillar cover then this piece snaps out. Sure enough the antenna was unplugged in this location.

Good news is that I now get a signal from XM and it updated all of the channels and shows me channel and song playing.

Yes It's Works # 3 Thanks to schaffee10
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

allove glad this helped you. I since it took me forever to find a diagram I figured I would post the link here. This site has a lot of diagrams, it was little difficult to figure out however with some time you can. This is the diagram I found that shows all 3 locations for the xm antenna plugs.

CK1,2,3 ANTENNA/DIGITAL AUDIO (U2K); CK1,2,3 ANTENNA/DIGITAL AUDIO (U2K,UBS);. Fits: AVALANCHE 2WD, AVALANCHE 4WD, ESCALADE 2WD, ESCALADE 2WD ESV, ESCALADE AWD, ESCALADE AWD ESV, ESCALADE AWD EXT... | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick