Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Cabin Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2009, 7:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Cabin Air Filter

<ODoes anyone know if there are any cabin air filters in a 2007 Tahoe. If so how do you replace them? I have dropped the plastic cover on the passenger side and don't see any obvious covers to remove to replace them.<O</O
<O</O
If there aren't any then how do you disinfect the plenum or air box?<O</O
<O</O
Hands<O</O
<O</O
</O
Old August 26th, 2009, 8:37 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default air

Unlike my future wife's $10,000 5 year old mazda tribute (ford escape) the $60,000 tahoe does not have an air filter... best bet is to simply not breath deep...

if you can however fashion one, let me know, I'd want to add one to my tahoe too!
Old August 26th, 2009, 8:46 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Preventive measures are the best bet, turning your AC off before reaching your destination but leaving the blower on to dry out the condenser, you can also have the "After Blow" feature enabled at the dealer to allow the blower to run for a short period after you turn the vehicle off to perform the same function of drying out the moisture.
Old August 26th, 2009, 8:51 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I too am a bit disappointed that a cabin filter is not included in the GMT900 body, it is such a common item in so many other vehicles....
Old August 26th, 2009, 12:57 PM
CF Beginner

No end to what corners they will continue to cut now and in the future. I live in the desert called Phoenix so a filter would have been nice to cut down on the dust circulation.

I am going to figure out which on of the tubes sticking below on the passenger side is the return duct, turn on the circulating fan without the AC, and spray in some lysol to see if that will help.

There was a bulletin out that the dealer could program your vehicle to keep circulating the air for xx minutes once it is turned off, may give that a try also.

Thanks for all your help,

Hands
Old July 8th, 2010, 11:06 PM
CF Active Member

did anybody implanted cabin filter into 2007-> suburban or tahoe ????
I'm allergic on pollens and i real need one
Old July 9th, 2010, 7:39 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does the Escalade have one? bad enough that the Tahoe does not have one...and I do not see how this saves GM money not to put one in. I mean these are some of the biggest selling vehicles they have and they are missing out on easy money with people not coming into the dealership and replacing the filter. Even though you could replace yourself lots of people would still go into the dealership for this service.
Old July 9th, 2010, 8:08 AM
CF Addict

Default yea

how hard would it have been to put a place to hold a filter... you don't even have to put on in factory, just a spot so WE could put one in...

but with the paper thin dash, random rattles, non functioning technology, they simply didn't have time to add a useful feature
Old July 9th, 2010, 2:28 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Well while I agree that they should have put a cabin air filter in, if they did it like the Traverse, it'd take a day and a half to change it. Un-fricking-believable!

For those that suspect mold/mildew/fungus buildup, check w/ an auto A/C shop as I believe they have something that you can spray in the intake to remedy the problem.
Old July 9th, 2010, 2:37 PM
CF Addict

Default assembly

assembly costs, not repair

the ford escape / mazda tribute have it right under the cowl/hood... 15 min job if you go slow. we replace it 1x a year in the spring, it's always BLACK when we pull it out... just think all that crap DIDN'T go in your lungs because Ford likes it's customers to.... live.

If manufactures gave a damn about repair costs, we'd all have remote oil filters like boats do (well, at least mine)... the filter is top dead center and takes 1 minute to swap once a year... a car you do 2-4 times a year! and it's always right next to a super hot exhaust or on top of a driveshaft, so oil spills all over one and smokes you, burns your hands, or gets on a drive shaft that spins and flings oil everywhere as you drive

gotta love it!

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe Cabin Air Filter