Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Cabin Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2010, 4:15 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

every filter I have changed is a simple 5 minute job right behind the glove box...and speaking of the glove box what is up with the PUNEY one we have in the Tahoe? Smallest I have seen on a full size truck I think. With all that room they "saved" by not putting a filter back there we should have more glove box room!
I love this truck but some of the downfalls are so frustrating because it seems they really could have engineered around them easily.
Old July 9th, 2010, 4:46 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Speaking of oil filters, how about those stuck on the side of the block as most of the ricers seem to have. Even my Kawasaki jet ski has it on the side and buried where you can't see it. Guaranteed to oil everything below it as soon as you break the seal. Even if you puncture to allow the oil to drain back, it still retains enuf to make a mess.
Old July 9th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

SabrToothSqrl you could always wait till its cooled off before changing it, short of changing it in the dead of an Northern Manitoba winter that oil will flow cold.... but something tells me you just like doing it that way....
Old April 13th, 2015, 6:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all those with the 2007 and up Tahoe without the cabin air filter. Rock Auto sells a retrofit kit for the Tahoe. The filters with the access panel or if you bought filters like myself and then found no way to put them in you can buy the little door for the cutout area under the passengers side of the dash. I just ordered the door. $23. After shipping. It was cheaper than Amazon. Just the door is Dorman part#259100
Old April 13th, 2015, 9:58 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the info and if you do the install on yours, post some pictures.
Old April 14th, 2015, 7:10 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's an interesting idea. I can see the pics, but I don't know where it would go on the truck. Post some photos please
Old April 14th, 2015, 5:03 PM
Administrator

In deed, excellent info to have, I will take a look at mine this evening
Old April 15th, 2015, 1:14 PM
Administrator

I checked it out, once you drop the beauty shield for the HVAC assembly, which by the way is a royal PITA because you cannot easily reach the 3/last screw that is blocked by the transmission hump

you can see the area defined for the cabin air filter, NOW I don't have the parts yet and I don't know how easy it is the "knock out" that sealing piece , but it is in fact there....
Rock Auto is the cheapest as the OP said, for $50 you can get cover & filter
Attached pics of the area...

UPDATE: amazon has a similar listing for both the cover and filter and after shipping as its not eligible for Prime, it about the same price as Rock +/- $1

If anyone decides to do this mod before I do, I would strongly recommend waiting till you have the parts in hand to verify that the cover plate does fit and fully cover the area before cutting or knocking out the filler piece as you cannot undo a hole...
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Tahoe Cabin Air Filter-shield.jpg   2007 Tahoe Cabin Air Filter-knockout.jpg   2007 Tahoe Cabin Air Filter-alt-view-knockout.jpg  
Old April 15th, 2015, 6:59 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by in2pro
. . . verify that the cover plate does fit and fully cover the area before cutting or knocking out the filler piece as you cannot undo a hole...
That's what duct tape is for.

BTW, if you haven't tried Gorilla tape yet, it won't disappoint. Best damn duct tape I've found since leaving the Navy.
Old April 15th, 2015, 7:02 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 73shark
That's what duct tape is for.

BTW, if you haven't tried Gorilla tape yet, it won't disappoint. Best damn duct tape I've found since leaving the Navy.
Yep, I keep a roll in my road side response kit for the truck, as well as a roll in the camper...

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe Cabin Air Filter