Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe codes c0561, p0172, p0175

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2013, 4:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What codes are stored and do u Have check engine light too
Old February 20th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Tschornbh
I have a 2007 Tahoe with the same problems traction control/stabilitrax lights on and transmission being put in safe mode and shifting hard. Dealer is lost they can not fix it. This is unexceptable and rediculas that a dealer can not fix it. HELP? GM customer service was contacted and they have done nothing!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Tschornbh,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. You stated that you contacted GM Customer Service, would you please provide your case number, so I can look into this further?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 2nd, 2013, 9:43 AM
CF Beginner

Default Check your alcohol content

Hello,

I took the advice posted by 25homes regarding alcohol content. I too was experiencing STABILITRAK and TRACTION CONTROL when slowing down at stop lights and hated the hard 1-2 kick. I measured the alcohol level with my scan tool and it read 74.9 %, having only used regular unleaded.

The dealer wanted to charge a diagnosis fee of $100 and wanted to remove the tank for inspection (extra fees) rather than simply reset the fuel trim values (which I understand, they want to make sure they are doing the right thing). However, I found somewhere else to reset the alcohol fuel trim values back to normal 3.1 % and the errors have since gone away ( only been this morning ). I will post back if they return. But no more P0172 P0175 and C0561.

Hope this helps.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

y2kcortez Welcome to the forum...
Thanks for taking the time to follow up with what you found , that is some really good info to know...
How did you reset the values? just disconnect and reconnect the battery?
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:43 AM
CF Beginner

Default tech 2 scan tool

I bought a scan tool Actron CP9580 on ebay that allows you to read all the error codes, as well as monitor real time data for all the sensor readings in the vehicle. This is how I saw the alcohol content at 74.9 %. Not sure what caused it, but likely a fuel additive.

This tool was NOT capable of resetting fuel trim values and disconnecting the battery did not work ( did so multiple times overnight ).

A more expensive tool is needed. It is a GM Tech 2 scan tool (google if you'd like). All dealers have these whereas few local mechanics carry them (too expensive). But once the tool is connected, it takes 10 seconds to reset the trim values. The college where I work has a GM certification program and used their tool to reset.

Best of Luck
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Thanks for that clarification
I too have the same Actron device CP9185, and I have seen my alcohol content at 20% but the pump says up to 10%
I do use Techron form time to time so just maybe it was the additives making the difference..

Last edited by in2pro; April 3rd, 2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old April 4th, 2013, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Are you having the same symptoms of SERVICE STABILITRAK and TRACTION CONTROL? If so, worth a shot to get the fuel values reset, assuming you can find a dealer or someone that will do so directly without the need for their own diagnosis.
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Knock on wood, my 07 has been a cherry... about to roll over 81k, the only problems is the peeling steering wheel, and I had the drive shaft yoke replaced for a clunking several years back under warranty....I go thrugh batteries about every 2 years...
I have it regularly serviced at the dealer, use only M1 since new, and change oil and filter per the OLMS.
Old December 4th, 2014, 8:07 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 25homes
Have u filled tank lately..try to fill tank completly. If that didn't do it after about 40 miles then have them hook to there computer machine and see what the tahoe is reading for alcohol conteny in fuel. Mine was reading that the fuel in my tank was 80% alcohol like e85 almost have u put that in tahoe lately. What happen with me is I added strong fuel cleaner wgen tank was about empty when tank is at 25% or less computer in car with flash test to ready what alcohol content in gas so it knows how much air the truck needs so air fuel mixture is right. Well mine took readi ng when I dumped fuel cleaner in it when tank was at 25% saw bunch alcohol from clean car won't take another reading until you fill tank over 75% full. I was running reg gas which will give 3-5% alcohol reading which is normal for computer from f actory. But mine was still reading 80% alcohol causing all codes. Never got gas level above 75% cause I was unaware of this...hook machine too it saw it was reading 80% alcohol so reset tahoe computer to stock factory setting from machine (3-5%) alcohol all lights went oyt immediatly never came back on..if u fill tank should flash another reading from tank to computer and lights should go out on own if they don't have them hook machine check reading and reset to factory settings...I figured out on my own dealer screwed me replaced few parts trying to ficlx they were clueless. They went with trial error replacing things which is bs that's not a cert mechanic who guess cc and replaces things til they fix prob anyone could do that how about diagnose first find real issue then fix...this could have been fixed with no cost at all but no I get $400 bill and I get half off labor being employee total bs in my opinion. How many miles on your tahoe? Try this if that isnt issue next thing id check would be mass air flow sensor which you cam clean see if that helps and maybe check o2 sendors but normally u get code for o2 sensor hope this helps

QUOTE=Tschornbh;241148]I have a 2007 Tahoe with the same problems traction control/stabilitrax lights on and transmission being put in safe mode and shifting hard. Dealer is lost they can not fix it. This is unexceptable and rediculas that a dealer can not fix it. HELP? GM customer service was contacted and they have done nothing!
[/QUOTE]

THANKS FOR THE POST! I was get codes p0172, p0175 and c0561-71 checked the fuel alcohol and was reading 74% I reset it and it started reading 3% almost immediately kicked off my stabilitrack dic and check engine light. My truck was also shifting hard from 1st to 2nd gear and that cleared up immediately also! My scanner was the best investment I ever made...scanner + google search= free fix! Thanks again for the help
Old December 6th, 2014, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

I just replaced both front Bearings and Hubs on my 2006 Tahoe Z71 (4WD). After completing the install, I started the engine and the Brake and T/C warning lights stay on. I tried to reset by disconnecting the battery, but that didn't work. Does anyone have a solution. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe codes c0561, p0172, p0175