Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe codes c0561, p0172, p0175

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2016, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out your EGR Valve.

I recently had a 09 Chevy Equinox with a 3.4L and it had a C0561. This code means that the EBCM has disabled the ABS system because of an internal fault or its possible that the PCM has sent a signal to the EBCM to disable the ABS because of an engine performance issue. In my case, the PCM sent the signal to the EBCM to disable the ABS. When this happens you will have a Traction & Stabilitrak message or icon on your instrument panel. I watched the live data and compared the commanded EGR Position vs the Actual EGR position and I noticed that there was a huge variance between the 2. The EGR Valve was sending a signal to the PCM that there was a performance issue and in turn, the PCM relayed that to the EBCM and disabled the ABS. You can try cleaning the EGR VALVE and see what you get but you should replace it if you have this happening. THE REASON THE TRACTION AND STABILITRAC LIGHTS WERE ON WAS BECAUSE AT IDLE THE COMMANDED EGR POSITION IS 0% BUT THE ACTUAL EGR POSITION WAS 30% This is considered an engine performance issue. And as soon as that engine was started up, the PCM noticed this and in turn disabled the ABS SYSTEM.
Old November 2nd, 2016, 8:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default Cold air intake

Youre truck may be getting false rich codes because youre actually running to lean. So to compensate, your ECM is telling your injectors to increase the pulse of your injectors because it is seeing too much oxygen. So in turn, it notices too rich of an air fuel mixture and stores the P0172 & P0175. I would try removing the cold air intake and reinstall the original air intake. As youre installing the old air intake I would also disconnect the battery terminals from the battery and tape or hold them together to reset your PCMs LONG TERM FUEL TRIMS. Or if you have a smoke machine you can try to smoke your new cold air intake to verify if there are any vacuum leaks at or after the MAF. If so, fix the leak and reset your fuel trims and see what happens.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 11:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2009 equinox codes

Got a U2017 and C0561 after driving around with a U0121 code. U0121 is an abs code most likely due to a wheel hub bearing going bad. After driving for a couple weeks the other 2 just came up on a rainy day. Chances are they are related and shuts off traction control/All wheel drive. Then shuts off stabilitrack in order to not damage differential and transmission. Ordering the hubs and will replace to see if things work out. My OBD2 with ABS says there is no engine codes but all come up under ABS codes.